Finally brewing in the Adirondacks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTMuggs

Reaction score
Since reading Palmer about 4 years ago, I'd dreamed about brewing on my own but kind of forgot about it, and didn't drink at all for over a year. Glad to say, that's a-changing! My girlfriend bought me a Mr. Beer a couple months ago, which I have to say was a great introduction to the basics of sanitation and fermentation. I figured everyone, everywhere would be hating on it, so I'm glad to see it has a place on HBT, even though I've moved on to carboys after three Mr. Beer brews. Last week I made my first brew starting out with DME and boiling the hops myself, a basic IPA. Here's what it looks like happily doing its thing in my basement, which seems to keep the beer right around 70-72 degrees so far this summer.

453-p1380251a.jpg

And a picture of our latest cat, just because they're fun. She was rescued from our driveway on a rainy night at about 2 weeks old.

454-p1380257a.jpg

Glad to be here, now back to relaxing, not worrying, and having a home brew! :rockin:

welcome, looks like a nice beer! Can't say the same for the cat. :) did you receive any, um, love-wounds on rescue night?

Welcome aboard! Nothing wrong with Mr. Beer; it's a great starting point.

I just got a new cat too. He's part siamese, and a noisy bastard.. but awesome.

Thanks all for the responses! It's been a long week, with the septic and phone failing on the same day. :( Was good drinking some cold homebrew while I worked outside on that mess...

I really like the idea of using collected rain/snow water for a brew, I'd imagine in the rural northeast where I am, it would be free of pollutants, soft, slightly acidic water, perfect for a light pilsner, unlike my slightly hard well water, which I figured would likely need some adjusting.

Kitty is turning into a little devil, but she was a helpless 6oz thing that only wanted mom when we found her. There's a big siamese mix that hangs out by our porch and gets the cats going, he doesn't have anything to say, seems to just like smugly sitting there while the others fluff all up :D

Back