Filter/Oxygenate/Ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimyson

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
That will get the neighbours phoning the FBI for sure!

Can you explain the parts/function.

Tom

That will get the neighbours phoning the FBI for sure!

Can you explain the parts/function.

Tom

Go for it. I have nothing to hide. Talk to me 10 years ago and I would say otherwise. They are just jealous that I won't give them free beer. I do agree though of the resemblance.

How do you keep the flow into the keg? I don't see anywhere for the air/CO2 in the keg to be released while filling.

I don't tighten the TC on the keg all the way and run it slow. I have not had a chance to run a full trial yet but if need be I add a PRV to the keg.

Looks like a solution in search of a problem.

How long does it take to clean that thing?

The Terminator just called, he wants his left arm back :D

That thing looks wild. Have you used it yet? Scratch that, just saw your last post.

Rev.

It doesn't take any longer than it does to clean my keggles. I put the output from my pump into this and drop it in the keg so it outputs back. Just 30 minutes of circulation of PBW @ 130' and a good rinse.

How would it be any less than putting the wand straight into the batch? I will have pure oxygen attached to the wand. By backing up the wort flow, it's filled where the sight glad is and being oxygenated.

Alright, lessons learned....instead of attaching the assembly to the keg, add an extension piece after the ball valve and stick it straight into the keg. Otherwise, it worked great! Cleaning and sanitizing is easy as I take the whole thing apart (even the ball valve) in a minute or two. Assembly is just as easy.

Great!

Do you just "trickle" the oxygen during the entire fill process, or just for about 1 minute?

For me that is the most confusing part of the whole process. Without a dissolved oxygen meter how do we know we are adding a right amount.

(I am thinking a .01 gram accuracy scale might let us measure the amount of oxygen left in the small tank and thus how much that is now in the wort)

Tom

Back