Filling a growler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonboygentry

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Gonna fill a couple of growlers from a picnic tap. Any tips or suggestions to make this work? Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

1. Pre-chill your growlers to help prevent foaming.

2. If you have any extra clear tubing 8"-10" try and fit it over your party tap to make a growler hose.

3. Have a way to catch the overflow. Bucket/tray/etc.

1. Pre-chill your growlers to help prevent foaming.

2. If you have any extra clear tubing 8"-10" try and fit it over your party tap to make a growler hose.

3. Have a way to catch the overflow. Bucket/tray/etc.

This. And it might help to dial the pressure on the keg down a little bit too.

Here is what I did: let some pressure out of the keg, set co2 to about 3psi filled the growlers with a bottle filler. Worked great and beer seemed perfect to me. Thanks for the input and gonna check out that link.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just had to do this on Saturday because I've working on my kegerator top and don't have my faucets hooked up.

- Chill the growler in the freezer
- Dial the pressure back to 2-3 psi and purge the keg
- Hold the growler at a 45 degree angle over a bucket or bowl to catch the overflow
- Fill until it just starts to overflow and then cap immediately

I haven't tried to chill the growlers before filling... I'll try that next time.

What I do is get 2 ft of tubing and I cram it up the faucet. Then I take a bucket and put the growler in there and put the tubing down to the bottom of the growler then open the faucet, watch it fill, and cap.

Latest posts

Back