Fiberglass - A twist on an old faithful design

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

501irishred

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I built this a couple years back, but thought someone might find some inspiration by posting a few pics. The idea was to have a "tailgaiter" setup that wouldn't mind a thunderstorm or two and was a "party in a box concept" complete with Solo cup dispenser and marine certified stereo system.. The core difference with this design is that there is no exposed wood. Everything is encapsulated in multiple layers of fiberglass and epoxy resin. There were about 10,000 ways I could have went that would have worked as well with a lot less headaches.
Of course if I was that kind of guy, I would probably be buying beer already made.....

(No, I don't get to keep it in the kitchen...)
IMG_1121 - Copy.JPG

Its baby picture.
1 - Copy.JPG

Proof of concept maybe? This is like looking back at my high school pictures... Cool mullet dude!..... I'm sure it made sense at the time!
4 - Copy.JPG

Nothing quite like the look on your wife's face after she sees you sawing and ripping plastic of something you just took the price tag off of!
to be organized (317) - Copy.JPG

There IS a wood collar in there somewhere.
7 (3) - Copy.JPG

7 (5) - Copy.JPG

My first go at fiber glassing. Oh the things I learned, the not nice words I used, and the
beer I drank......... Ahh, memories...
6 (4) - Copy.JPG

to be organized (244) - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks! We’ve enjoyed it a lot. Now if my team could somehow keep from dragging up the rear all the time... guess that’s a good excuse to drink more!

Resized the pictures after looking at it on my phone and taking 5min to load. If anyone has an easy way of doing that, Id love to hear it. What a PITA!

That's pretty slick. Does the cup holder interfere with the kegs inside? Is it removable?

It is removable, but it doesn't interfere with the kegs. Four kegs "just" fit in the deep side of the cabinet. It does make it a little cramped on side with the compressor hump where I also have two 20oz CO2 canisters, 12v power supply for the radio and lights, temp controller, and the back side of the stereo that also protrudes into the cabinet a bit.

I'll get a better pic when I get back this weekend, but this gives a general idea.

IMG_6359 - Copy.JPG

I am impressed with this - the concept, execution - and hanging it off the tail of that Jeep! :mug:
Do you often notice you're leading a parade?

Cheers! (I'd be in line :D)

I am impressed with this - the concept, execution - and hanging it off the tail of that Jeep! :mug:
Do you often notice you're leading a parade?

Cheers! (I'd be in line :D)

Thanks! I usually leave the tap handles off on the road, so I get a lot of 1. someone passes by 2. they get several car links ahead, tap breaks (was that?... Nah. well?) 3. stiff breaks now to get behind me again 4. linger a bit 5. pass again with everyone in the vehicle giving thumbs up.

Never gets old.......

Back