Fermzilla trub removal and kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZFrag

Reaction score
Hi, I received a black lager kit and brewed it. As I was sanitizing my 6 gallon carboy, I realized that the it had a crack in it. So, I had no choice to but use the fermzilla that I recently received as a gift. I was waiting to look at a bunch of videos so I would be sure how to use it. It was too tall with the water seal to fit my fridge, so I had to make a new one. Now it's time to remove the trub. I was wondering if anyone had used one of these conicals before and had any tips on trub removal. The other question I have is how to I get the beer out of the conical to keg it?

I've used a siphon tube and a top-draw system to evacuate the beer.

What size do you have and are you pressure fermenting?

I"m not sure if I'm pressure fermenting. I guess I would say no because of my makeshift waterseal. I have the container underneath the butterfly valve. I has a couple of screw ports. Could I not use that to remove trub. Then later connect a hose and transfer to the keg using gravity? Maybe I'm not using the right terms. Maybe not trub...but yeastcake.

I"m not sure if I'm pressure fermenting. I guess I would say no because of my makeshift waterseal. I have the container underneath the butterfly valve. I has a couple of screw ports. Could I not use that to remove trub. Then later connect a hose and transfer to the keg using gravity? Maybe I'm not using the right terms. Maybe not trub...but yeastcake.

I get where you are. The first thing I would do is watch some youtube videos on how to use that system. It's pretty easy once you get the overview.

Back