FermWrap and FTSS modification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDWest

Reaction score
I recently bought a FermWrap for small batches in a glass carboy (my main fermenter is a 1/2 bbl conical BME from SS Brewtech) and I have an extra FTSS system laying around that currently has no purpose. I want to find a way to connect the FTSS to the FermWrap so that I can control temperature/power. The wrap just has a 2 prong plug, which doesn't readily connect to the FTSS. I realize I could purchase an InkBird controller for this, but I'm looking to use materials I have readily available and have not. I'm wondering if anybody out there as done something similar or has any ideas. I'm completely open to suggestions or other comments.

I'm not entirely sure about this but I thought the FTSS outputs 12vDC.
If you are feeling courageous you can open up the FTSS box and rewire the heat output to toggle 120VAC if the system is capable, because as far as I see it the FTSS is just an inkbird stc-1000 in a box.

Back