Fermenting box using forced air off my keg freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevreh

Reaction score
Was think of building a simple, insulated box to slide over my 5 gal fermentation bucket. I want to hook up 2 pipes and 2 fans, 1 in and 1 out, to My keezer. I could use a probe and pid to control the fans.

How stable will this be temperature wise?
Will the air movement cause any issues with the keezer?

I mostly want a ferm chamber for lagering in the 50's and keeping my ale's in the 60s in the warmer months.

Thanks

There have been a couple of people that have done it I believe that flapped dryer vents or bathroom vents were used to block off the chamber and had the fans blow them open.

I run my chamber that way. Its in my basement so in the winter I can get it down to around 50 but in the warmer weather I need to put a frozen jug of water in it to get it down past 60. I only use one fan to draw the cold air in, the return air flows freely back into the kezzer through a return vent. The only down side I get is extra condensation on my kezzer from the warm air transfer. Here is a link to my build if you need any ideas.

Thanks for that link, 7 months ago lol. I have a chest freezer I'm going to do this with. Probably with a computer fan though and smaller venting pipe. My fermenter is a small @14" cubed kibble vault, so the fermenter box won't be much larger than that.

Back