Fermenter/Distribution Sizing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan206

Reaction score
I have a BrewEasy 10g and am tight on space so I sold my giant Keezer, and am thinking of scaling up to a 15g unitank, and then serving from a 10g bright tank w/a glycol chiller. I would only be able to enjoy to enjoy one batch at a time, but would save me some space.

Thoughts?

Keep in mind that most brite tanks are not designed to be able to serve beer directly from them. It's still possible but usually you won't be able to serve the whole batch up to the last pint because of limitations in the cooling system (probe and cooling coil positioning). Unless you're willing to throw away a significant amount of beer every time then kegs are still the best option as they are designed to be emptied completely without wasting any product.

How about a smaller freezer and just a few kegs? A glycol system is going to take up some room and it might be about the same as a small freezer.
Another option is a small upright refrigerator, (or freezer),you could put items on top of it.

Back