Fermentation Fridge Wires?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGTSparty

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I got my hands on a buddies old fridge, I have an Inkbird 308 controller and I'm looking at getting one of these reptile heating wires for the heat. My question is what does everyone do w/ their wires for their heating elements?

Do you just close the door on them? Did you drill through the fridge and then fill the hole? Just curious what everyone else does for Fridge/Freezer type fermentation chambers. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
With my mini fridge, I chose the smallest wires and ran them through the hinge side gap and taped them down. I figured that the hinge side would put a better seal over than cables than one of the open sides.
For me this is a temp solution since I'm working on a larger fermentation chamber and didn't want to preemptively drill any holes Id regret later.

View attachment 1466778498079.jpg

I drilled holes on my old fridge, but nicking something important was a concern. On my current chamber, I just close the doors on the wires and I haven't had any problems.

Latest posts

Back