fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koryb

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone combines a heating element inside their fridge or freezer while lagering? I have a freezer with the Aquarium temp controller wired up like posted on this site on a different thread. I haven't really seen anyone talk about using the heat wrap and the freezer together to control temps. if you wrapped your carboy with the heat tape and put it in the freezer and set your temps , would it work well together, or is it just a waste of time ?

Koryb said:
I haven't really seen anyone talk about using the heat wrap and the freezer together to control temps.
You haven't? Are you sure you're reading the right thread? Maybe you were reading the single stage controller thread. The whole point of dual stage controllers is to control both heat and cold. It's what I do to control my temps. I, like many before me, have a little space heater in my chamber. When the fridge cools too much, the heater kicks on.

Well I have been known to be wrong..... ONCE. Hahahah. I do have a dual controller, but never really paid too,close of attention other than just the cooling temps. I planned on using the heat tape ( whatever you call it) and running them together. The freezer I picked up has been holding pretty steady throughout the day. But it is starting to get cooler around here at night. Thanks for help!

Latest posts

Back