fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nico

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm planning on building my first fermentation chamber and I spent the last few hours reading several threads on here and as more I read as more questions I get.

I just moved into a house and I have an extra room for brewing. I really like the workbench design cause I think a work bench would come in handy as well.
I noticed that some of you use the coil from a refrigerator while others use an ac window unit. Which is the benefit of each?
I don't have either one so I will have to make an investment anyways and I definitely want to go with the most efficient way.
I'm planning on building a double chamber, one for primary fermentation and a second one for lagering. So I will need either 2 refrigerators or 2 ac units which I'm afraid won't be cheap. I need to get my temperature in one of the chambers as low as possible, best would be close to 34°F.

I can fit a 88"x53" large fermentation chamber in the corner where I'm planning on building it. So each chamber would be about 44"x53".

Hope you guys can help me out. I'm planning on getting started either on Sunday or Monday.

Back