Fermentation chamber temperature control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie02173

Reaction score
Okay so after all my research im almost ready to begin my home brew but firstly I need to organise my fermentation process and possibly build a fermentation chamber..
I have a fridge in working order,
a seedling heat mat,
and an inkbird termostat.
Do i plug my fridge in during this process and will the thermostat maintain a warm fermentation enviornment or do i need to mess around with the thermostat in the fridge?

Do you have a temp controller or just a thermometer?
if you have the controller Plug your fridge into your controller and set for desired fermentation temp.
I used to fill my fermenter up with water and set in the fridge. Set your temp to your desired temp and take a reading from your fermenter and adjust your inkbird as needed.
unless you’re putting your thermocouple into your fermenter

Typically the heater and the fridge are pugged into the external temperature controller. The controller turns the power to the heat and cooling source on and off, so the thermostat on the fridge doesn't need modified. The controller will turn the fridge on when required and off when not.

Inkbird ITC-308 Thermostat Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Switch for Home Brew Greenhouse Heater Tube Heater Heat Mat Reptile Vivarium is the model
.. so i think this should work i was worried about the fridge being compatible with a warm enviornment and if this does not affect the power and become a fire hazzard.. thanks for the advice

Back