Fermentation after 3 days, looking for a second opinion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i just asked a question on FB for my local HB group and during the conversation a couple of members mentioned something that was completely new to me and threw me for a bit of a loop. They suggested that after 3 days of primary fermentation, one could remove the batch from whatever temperature controlled environment they may be using and place the batch in any location regardless of that location's temps (but trying to keep it no higher than average room temp) and that it wouldn't affect the fermentation at all.

This was new to me, as I've always understood that - for the most part - primary ferm takes ~1 week (5-7 days) and you needed to keep that bucket/carboy/vessel in the prescribed temp range for the yeast the entire time.

So I wanted to throw this out there to y'all and see how you felt about it. I'm not saying they're wrong, it's just something that I personally have never heard (then again, i've only been brewing about 2 years) and found it interesting and worth exploring more discussion on.

Back