Fermenator replacement gaskets and parts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killian

Reaction score
The wife bought me a 7 gallon Fermenator for Christmas a couple of years ago. Unfortunately it's the standard fittings model. I have used it a few times but I just dont like the way I need to completely disassemble it every time. I haven't actually timed the whole ordeal but it just takes way too long and I'm about done with the plumbers tape. I really don't like the idea of the threads on the cold side.

So rather than trying to sell this thing and mess around with shipping I have come up with a plan to use it but before I do I need to find a source for replacement gaskets and parts. I have thought about measuring the gaskets and looking on McMaster but I would probably need to buy 100 of each and I'm not entirely sure I would end up with the right replacement.

Any ideas?

Maybe someone could tig or silver solder some tri clamp fittings on it? Would be easy to clean and you could buy standard gaskets without worry.

Google search your area for someone who can tig weld, or check around the DIY forums, I'm sure there is someone here that can refer you to a workshop or maybe someone here on the forum can tig weld that lives near your area. You can get the fittings from sites like more beer, so at least they are easy to source.

I will look around for a welder or someone that solders but I'm nervous to have someone I don't know work on this.

I think for now I'm going to try and find some replacement o rings

Don't buy standard fittings

image.jpg

I know this thread is old but, as a PSA....I wouldn’t order the standard fitting configuration because of the threading on the fittings are very difficult to clean. Buy the triclover if you are getting a conical.

Back