Female Homebrewers??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DudesGotThis.png

NWEagle said:
I was just at Mt Shasta Brewing a few weeks ago and I wondered about that. Nice place, good vibe and good beer. And what a view for the commute!

I live near Weed. Definitely no women brewers and there have never been any women brewers at Mount Shasta Brewing Co. Rural Northern Calirfornia isn't exactly the most progressive place in the world and my guess is everyone at MSBC. in Weed, CA would laugh at the very idea of a female brewer. Very "good ol' boys" kinda vibe from the place.

I live near Weed. Definitely no women brewers and there have never been any women brewers at Mount Shasta Brewing Co. Rural Northern Calirfornia isn't exactly the most progressive place in the world and my guess is everyone at MSBC. in Weed, CA would laugh at the very idea of a female brewer. Very "good ol' boys" kinda vibe from the place.

Interesting, a good ol' boy vibe in CA.. Never would have figured that.

:mug:

This is a pretty epic necro. Over a year and a half since that last post and over 7 since the OP. I was a senior in highschool when this thread started.

May have been said already, ( didn't read the entire thread) but the ex president of my homebrew club is female and one helluva brewer too. There's about 5 in my club here in Los Angeles.

Also, the owner of a new and rising brewery (golden road brewing) here in the Valley is female.

michael_mus said:
Which club? I'm in LA, have always wondered how a brew club worked.

The Maltose Falcons. It works pretty much like I imagined it would. Monthly meetings, a good group of people and lots of experience to fall back on. My LHBS is home base or the club and as a result we get discounts there. PM me if you're looking to join up, or maybe just brew together. What part of LA?

HellBound said:
The Maltose Falcons. It works pretty much like I imagined it would. Monthly meetings, a good group of people and lots of experience to fall back on. My LHBS is home base or the club and as a result we get discounts there. PM me if you're looking to join up, or maybe just brew together. What part of LA?

I'm in culver city, just getting started but good to know a local on here. I will be in touch.

HellBound said:
Gotcha. I go over that way all the time. Some cool bars out that way. Oh! And Titos tacos too. Haha.

Ha, I'm right there! Put my fair share of miles on the shuffleboard table at the cozy inn myself. Good ****.

Just found out one of my female acquaintances on base (air force) is also a home brewer. First one I met, and she uses keggles.

I know 2 women that took home brewing to the professional level. They bought a building that was previously owned by a local brewery and opened it up again as Third Wave Brewing in DelMar DE. They make some really good beer and run a great place.

There's a women only homebrew club here in salt lake city.. Barleys Angles is what there called.. I think there at 10+ ladies and the club is fairly new :mug:

Our homebrew club usually has 50 - 70 members and guests at a meeting, with 10-15 of them being women. One of them makes one of my favorite meads. Another makes some really great saisons.

There's a women only homebrew club here in salt lake city.. Barleys Angles is what there called.. I think there at 10+ ladies and the club is fairly new :mug:

That's interesting. I don't know if I'd enjoy an all-female club. The dynamics would be different, plus I think it'd be excluding some good brewers!

I know several men who can brew kick ass beer and would be experts in the field, so I think both genders are equally valuable in a club.

That's interesting. I don't know if I'd enjoy an all-female club. The dynamics would be different, plus I think it'd be excluding some good brewers!

I know several men who can brew kick ass beer and would be experts in the field, so I think both genders are equally valuable in a club.

Agreed! And I feel left out when they have there chocolate and beer tastings..lol..
Edit: I like chocolate too :)

I think the apparent disparity between men and women beer enthusiasts has a lot to do with the decades of marketing beer to men almost exclusively. I think that is obviously turning around somewhat but Rome wasn't built in 3 days.

Absolutely. There is zero reason why men would be better brewers than women. I know a few women who are fantastic homebrewers. I'd be more than pleased to be able to glean some insight from them and share in their beer at club meetings. :mug:

I'm female - new to brewing too but I've been a Chef for 10 years and this was always on my bucket list for things to get into.

Last summer I spent my time on BBQ & Ice Cream making! This year was Sausages & Brewing.

I'm from Ontario, Canada - as far as I know there is a thriving craft brewing / homebrewing scene here with some great breweries and clubs. I've already met a couple women that brew, too since starting!

Back