Female Home brewer's Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to find you ladies! It's actually funny, been on homebrewtalk for awhile and my hubby just sent me a link to find this thread. We've been brewing together for about 12 years now and are making some fantastic stuff. I'll be honest, my hubby is very "into technology" and while I was comfortable w/ our old set up, I am just slowly getting used to our new fancy RIMS system w/ pumps, etc that he and his father (mechanical engineer) built. It is a FANTASTIC set up, just a little overwhelming. I decided this year that I wanted to start doing my own brews ,coming up w/ recipes, etc so I can say that I brewed this beer, not my usual assistant role. I made a great saison that I secondaried in a whiskey barrel (drinking it right now, mmmm), plus a few other tasty brews.

A few weekends ago, I recruited 2 of my girlfriends (soccer buddies who are VERY into craft beer) to come over and help me brew a DFH Punkin clone which is coming along great! Trying to get more ladies involved as much as I can!

It's funny b/c I am one of only 2 women in our homebrew club, but my husband and I have been running it for years. We are lucky to have such an amazing club and they all take my thoughts and opinions seriously and I always get commended for keeping this group organized. Trying to get a bunch of beer loving men to do something on a specific day, time, etc is like trying to herd cats. Ha. I am blessed to live in such a beer loving area (Philly) and we have lots of women in the beer industry in this area. Homebrew shops don't think twice about helping me out, answering my questions, and trying my beers. Gotta love a city that LOVES their beer!!

Cheers, ladies!

Nice to find you ladies! It's actually funny, been on homebrewtalk for awhile and my hubby just sent me a link to find this thread. We've been brewing together for about 12 years now and are making some fantastic stuff. I'll be honest, my hubby is very "into technology" and while I was comfortable w/ our old set up, I am just slowly getting used to our new fancy RIMS system w/ pumps, etc that he and his father (mechanical engineer) built. It is a FANTASTIC set up, just a little overwhelming. I decided this year that I wanted to start doing my own brews ,coming up w/ recipes, etc so I can say that I brewed this beer, not my usual assistant role. I made a great saison that I secondaried in a whiskey barrel (drinking it right now, mmmm), plus a few other tasty brews.

A few weekends ago, I recruited 2 of my girlfriends (soccer buddies who are VERY into craft beer) to come over and help me brew a DFH Punkin clone which is coming along great! Trying to get more ladies involved as much as I can!

It's funny b/c I am one of only 2 women in our homebrew club, but my husband and I have been running it for years. We are lucky to have such an amazing club and they all take my thoughts and opinions seriously and I always get commended for keeping this group organized. Trying to get a bunch of beer loving men to do something on a specific day, time, etc is like trying to herd cats. Ha. I am blessed to live in such a beer loving area (Philly) and we have lots of women in the beer industry in this area. Homebrew shops don't think twice about helping me out, answering my questions, and trying my beers. Gotta love a city that LOVES their beer!!

Cheers, ladies!

Nice to meet you. I'm the main "brewer" in our house but my husband helps when he is home. My LHBS is awesome as well. I really enjoy going in there. How cool that you started your own homebrew club. That is awesome! I should do that, all of the clubs around here are too much of a pain to get too.

I want to get to the point of creating recipes but I'm not there yet. All in due time. :)

Back