Favre Retires...again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
Well if he wanted to turn him self into Americas most beloved QB to nearly everyones most hated...it worked. Piss on your legacy and fans that worshiped you for years. Could have gone out with the team you played for for 17? years. But no. Play for a team that didnt even make the playoffs and were knocked out by a team that won one game last year. Youll make it into the Hall of Fame your first ballot...but everyone knows your a twat now.

whaaaaaa ive been watching NFL network all morning and they haven't even mentioned anything about this..... cant say im surprised though. Give it 5 or 10 years and no one will think anything of it. Look at how many times Michael Jordan left and came back.

whaaaaaa ive been watching NFL network all morning and they haven't even mentioned anything about this..... cant say im surprised though. Give it 5 or 10 years and no one will think anything of it. Look at how many times Michael Jordan left and came back.

And Reggie White. And Lance Armstrong. And George Foreman. and..........

Get over it already.

I honestly don't think he's going to retire this year. He's going to make the Jets cut him, because there's no way that they're going to pay him $13 million in base salary for 2009, then he'll mull around until training camp is at least halfway over, then I think he'll pop up somewhere and be playing again in 2009 (my guess is Minnesota).

I'm not sure what annoys me more, these annual retirement things or the non-stop digital TV conversion stuff. And I'm a life long Packer fan (and Favre but...)

I think he is done. No one will pick him up and the Jets aren't stupid enough to let him go to Minnesota (Green Bay basically gets all their draft picks for 25 years or something if they do).

Yeah, don't blame Favre for all this.. he's just a guy trying to get what he wants. If it was you or me in our backyard with our buddies plotting and planning ways to get a better job or move to a better location, nobody would give two ****s about it....

But because he's Brett Favre, there's a microphone in his face and every little step he takes is followed, so it gets to be a tiring ordeal for people. Big deal. Just turn it off an ignore it. It's not his fault that the media is hyping it. As far as I can tell, he's just a guy trying to get what he wants... BFD.

Stumps unexpected return and then winning best of show was probably one of the most emotional sporting events ever. I mean (s)he almost DIED!

And at 10 yo is the oldest animal to ever win Best In Show at Westminster.

Makes you wonder where the advancement in technology in the sport has been... I blame Bush.

.. cause he's, like, to blame for everything...

Right?

Makes you wonder where the advancement in technology in the sport has been... I blame Bush.

.. cause he's, like, to blame for everything...

Right?

No, 'cause that was successful on the part of the dog. :D

Sheesh...dogs in athletes' lists. What's next, horses in lists of steriod use athletes?

He dies and comes back so much I'm beginning to think he's a zombie. For cryin' out loud, quit already!

Just more proof that Brett Favre is football Jesus. Or perhaps regular Jesus. I suggest just calling Brett Favre Jesus from now on and old Jesus shall now be known as "Carpenter Jesus".

Back