Favorite Board Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sisters had Ouija board (my wife's great grandfather invented the Ouija board they owned the Batlimore Toy Company.

My aunt used to make her own boards when she practiced. Seen some pretty dark **** man. She got rid of all that stuff even though I tried to confiscate it from her.

My aunt used to make her own boards when she practiced. Seen some pretty dark **** man. She got rid of all that stuff even though I tried to confiscate it from her.

I do not belive in the whole thing altho the history is interesting. Mosty began with the Fox sisters scam in 1850 ish

------------------
Usually only play that with the Nekkid™ expansion. did you use baby oil?

I do not belive in the whole thing altho the history is interesting. Mosty began with the Fox sisters scam in 1850 ish

I don't believe in it as a game, but someone that practices dark rituals using that, or anything else.. I believe in that being very real.

I don't believe in it as a game, but someone that practices dark rituals using that, or anything else.. I believe in that being very real.

hold-on-to-your-dookie-its-about-to-get-spooky.jpg

I love Chess, and Risk. Unfortunately getting anyone to play either with me is a challenge.

Stratego is fun. Othello/Reversi. Backgammon. Scrabble.

I used to play Warhammer with my friends years ago. That was a lot of fun.

Stratego is fun. Othello/Reversi. Backgammon. Scrabble.

I used to play Warhammer with my friends years ago. That was a lot of fun.

I had Othello on NES and played the hell out of it. Always enjoyed Backgammon as well. All of my friends played Warhammer. I was too poor to afford an army big enough to stage a game. Think the only thing I had was a unit of Elven Archers and a Dragon I got for my birthday. They'd let me put those into play now and then but I didn't last. Most of my experience with the game was making landscape/buildings for my friends to use in their games and painting their miniatures for them.

Extremely excited for this weekend; I ordered D&D Wrath of the Cardigans and it should be here somewhere between Fri-Mon. Hopefully sooner than later.

Dude... How do you not know when Wreaths for Algernon is showing up? Did they mail it? Lol

Should also mention Fluxx, even tho it's a card game. Very fun, and a bunch of variants as well. I think I own 3-4 different versions. It's a good game for kids too, and I think there's a simpler version for the young ones.

Man I don't know. No email confirmation yet, unless I missed it which is entirely possible. At the same time, usually once I get the confirmation it is only a day or two before I get stuff from them. Don't rain on my excitement. Been pumped about Ashartdemon for a while.

Man I don't know. No email confirmation yet, unless I missed it which is entirely possible. At the same time, usually once I get the confirmation it is only a day or two before I get stuff from them. Don't rain on my excitement. Been pumped about Ashartdemon for a while.

Shiiiiiiit... not that pumped if you don't know where it's at!

:D

Also, fluxx is a great game. I think card games/board games are almost synonymous at their most basic level... so yeah, card games are cool to talk about.

I love heavy and long games with large amounts of strategy and far forward thinking while having to deal with the moment as well. My two favorite games are:
Republic of Rome
Twilight Imperium: 3rd Edition

But these games are ones that take 6+ hours and need at least 5 to play, so getting a group together can be a little difficult.

I love heavy and long games with large amounts of strategy and far forward thinking while having to deal with the moment as well. My two favorite games are:
Republic of Rome
Twilight Imperium: 3rd Edition

But these games are ones that take 6+ hours and need at least 5 to play, so getting a group together can be a little difficult.

Always wanted to try TI but never had enough time to get into a game... A couple guys played at a shop in Phoenix pretty regularly when I lived there.

Plus, noobing through 4-5 hours of gameplay with experienced players would suuuuuck.

You should check out Forbidden Island. It's cheap, there's treasure, there's excitement, there's strategy, it's co-op, there's an island, it's Forbidden!

We've got that one - boys play that a lot with their cousins (helped everyone through a game this past weekend. Should try Forbidden Desert as well.

We've got that one - boys play that a lot with their cousins (helped everyone through a game this past weekend. Should try Forbidden Desert as well.

Another decent one for kids (~8 on up) that introduces some new concepts is Castle Panic... easy on rules, co-op, light strategy and should be able to find it for less than $30 shipped.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/43443/castle-panic

Yeah, I've been at it on and off since 3rd Edition. I've got Orks and Dark Angels, the other Green Army! :rockin:

You paint them yourself? I just got into painting recently and am having a blast with it.

Painting is not my strong suit and it's my least favorite aspect of the hobby. I have to work up the motivation to paint and it's slow going. If it didn't cost so much, I'd hire a painting service.

I got my D&D Wrath of Ashardalon in the mail last night. Excited to rock a few games of it and then get the miniatures painted. The cool ones at least. I'll probably just put the dwarves on the heat vent registers in the house and give them the old school slow melt torture.

I enjoyed painting when I was into Mordheim. It's easier to prime with a good color, stick with 4-6 paint colors, 2-3 dry-brush highlights, brown or black ink for low spots, and clear coat.

I used to paint squads for some spare cash. 12-16 unit group is pretty easy to finish in a day if they're similar color schemes. Mordheim squads were always a little more difficult than Warhammer, every single character could be different or unique.

Mordheim squads were always a little more difficult than Warhammer, every single character could be different or unique.

I used to paint my wood elves all sorts of different autumnal colors. Hopefully I can find them next time I visit my parents, though I probably sold them all to my friend for beer money when I left for college.

Got 7 Wonders for a Father's Day gift this weekend - played twice - my boys (almost 10 and 8) both enjoyed it. Fits the bill - we like Catan, but I wanted to get something to play in smaller time windows.

Back