Faucet wont pour but poppet dispenses when pushed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deam

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me localize where I'm having an issue with dispensing...

My middle faucet wont put out any beer, but my other faucets are working fine, so I know the gas is flowing.

On the corny that corresponds to the faucet, if I remove the quick disconnect and push down on the poppet with my fingernail, beer dispenses. So this would lead me to believe there's an issue with the quick disconnect, but I just bought it new...

Any insight before I have to disconnect the gas and change the disconnects to test them? Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you're getting the quick connect all the way on? Are you sure you don't have your gas and liquid posts reversed on your keg (i.e. gas post on the dip tube and liquid post on your gas in). The liquid disconnect won't fit properly on a gas post.

Are you sure the tap that you are using is actually hooked to the keg? I freaked out for a few minutes last night after I took an empty keg of ESB out of my keezer and then went to draw a pint of IPA and nothing came out of the tap. It took me few minutes to realize I was using the wrong tap...:drunk:

Check to make sure the center spring loaded piece is on your beer line disconnect that pushes the poppet down. Had that happen before where I forgot to put that back in and then nothing flows.

Thanks for all the replies, turns out I was out of gas! ... only kidding. The disconnects were switched so my quick connect wasn't making a full impression, even though it appeared to be. All better, sorry for the delay in responding. Was so relieved when I got it working I forgot to come back and update

Back