Faucet Recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamhoward

Reaction score
Anyone have a nice kitchen faucet to recommend? Don't really want to spend much more than $150 or $200. Stainless preferred.

So many faucets out there right now feel very hollow and fragile if that makes sense...

You can try Kohler K-560-VS Bellera. One of the best faucet it is. The water temperature and power of the area controlled by the single lever design that is simple to grasp or hold for people of all ages, as you get perfect use out of it every time.

Last edited:
I will say get a name brand like Kohler o Delta. Stay away from the 2nd tier brands.
I bought a Price Pfister and have had trouble with it since it was installed. It was about $50 cheaper than a comparable Delta or Kohler. In this case, you get what you pay for. Pay more upfront and it will save you down the road.

Pricing on faucets has become outrageous. $200-$500+? Come on!

We have an American Standard low profile, single handle, pull out kitchen faucet that came with the home. The pull out hose had already been replaced at some point before, the fitting to the spray head doesn't quite fit inside the base socket, but it kinda works. Some JB Weld fixed a small break in the metal sheathing that had developed at the connector (my fault, had pulled it out too far to fill a brew bucket). A "proper" replacement hose runs ~$50. Whaaat? How about a new, similar faucet? $250? Nope, not yet.

Then one morning I "broke" the handle off by my knucklehead move. It only needed a replacement cartridge to fix it and Amazon plus $11 brought it home (HD/Lowes wanted $25). A few days later it was all back together and working as well or better than it did before.

I had noticed the faucet base had started to corrode a little. So while I had everything apart, some more JB Weld and some careful sanding filled the opening. As good as new, except that small area is now dark gray, not white, the "paint" is missing. I may "touch that up" some day.

What I had noticed is that base has a hefty weight to it. It's made from some thick solid aluminum composite with what looks like a thin stainless steel shell (skin) over it. Then coated in white paint. Actually pretty high-tech in some ways.

Last week I happened to be in a Restore and saw brand new faucets, even similar to the one we have, $30-50. Hey now we're talking... until I picked one up. It weighed close to nothing and felt thin and tinny. No brand name, Chinese knockoffs most likely and especially made for that target market. They may still last 10-20 years, who knows, but the spray head felt so light, odd, and kinda clunky, nothing like the AS we have. I guess you get what you pay for. But anything over $200 is surely pushing it, IMO.

TL;DR, so watch out, faucets may not be all the same.

What kind of features are you looking for? I have a faucet from amazon on my big tub sink for brewing that I like, though I wish it were a bit taller. I think it was a lightning deal for around $80, but there are many other options around that price mark. Here is a link to what I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U3NSIOY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for for your kitchen though. I will say that the sprayer does transfer heat well, so when I am using it on hot only, parts of it get very warm - I'm looking at future replacements that have a rubber grip, but the ones I am looking at are pretty pricey, so I'll keep using this until it breaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
a foot pedal operated sink in the kitchen would be ideal but then you are getting into the high dollar kitchen supply stuff.

a lot of the lower price range stuff is brass coated with chrome and will corrode eventually.

good faucets all stainless won't be cheap and if style is involved even higher.

really question is how often does your style change. cheaper models would be replaced more often.

It really depends on what you're looking for. I love the restaurant-style gooseneck deal. The kind that has the spring around the hose, not 'pull out', and has the magnetic or hook catch to keep it in place. I bought a Kraus in my last house and loved it. In my new house, I got a Kohler of the same style.

Would recommend either of those in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Back