Fastenal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau815

Reaction score
Anyone ever order from Fastenal? And if so did you have them ship it to a local Fastenal store? and how long does it take?

I've gotten stuff from them accouple times for the boat. Stainless Steel fastenings in bulk, Usually they have had what I wanted/needed. I think it depends on what you're ordering. Usually a couple days in my experience. good luck

likewise - a few days is what I experienced for a few stainless steel washers. Also - make sure they don't charge you for shipping if you're getting it shipped to the store for pickup. They charged me, but when I brought it to their attention, they were super helpful and apologetic. I'd order from them again.

cool thanks guys... they didn't charge me yet for any shipping. unless you mean they charge when u pick it up. Few days is very cool. I just thought maybe they would send once that certain store ordered, and who knows how often they order, not familiar with Fastenal

Sweet i thought i threw my $ away... it was only a few bucks for washers but figured id never see em.. guess its respectable.

Did you order 5/8" Stainless washers for the inside of a cooler? What was the part #, do you recall? The part I find on the site doesn't look right. The inside diameter doesn't look big enough. Thanks!

Did you order 5/8" Stainless washers for the inside of a cooler? What was the part #, do you recall? The part I find on the site doesn't look right. The inside diameter doesn't look big enough. Thanks!

The fastenal part order number for the 5/8th ss washers is spread out at least 15 times (by me) in the cheap and easy rubbermade thread...in fact IIRC you can click the word fastenal in the origianl parts list and the part number pops up.

My $0.02 is just walk in and see if they have what you want. I called and they told me they would have to order it and charged me $4 to ship to the store. When I went in the guy there told me to come in and save the "shipping" charge as they have most stuff in stock.

John

It can be hit or miss with Fastenal. The one closest to me is abysmal when it comes to both their stock and their sales people. There seems to be a high rate of turnover with the employees and the store is sparsely stocked. Other than that, if you know what you want it's not too bad. Don't count on much expertise from the staff though. Special orders are another hit or miss thing. Sometimes they can get items the next day and sometimes they lose the order entirely. They do stock some hard to find items, so that is a plus.

I ordered a few for 1.60 a piece and when I went in today the guy said he had a bag of (10) for $4.50 IN STOCK. I got them instead.

I ordered a few for 1.60 a piece and when I went in today the guy said he had a bag of (10) for $4.50 IN STOCK. I got them instead.

This is exactly what I was talking about. I think their people are from an alien planet or something. They are robot like at times.

Latest posts

Back