Fast ferment question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs401

Reaction score
I see that austinhomebrew.com has the fast ferment for $79.99. I am wondering if someone could tell me the size of the opening to it? Is it 4"?

opening is about 5 3/4". I had to measure with the lid on, I have cider in it.
$79.99 is a smokin deal

opening is about 5 3/4". I had to measure with the lid on, I have cider in it.
$79.99 is a smokin deal

Agreed thats a smoking deal! I purchased one earlier this year and have been nothing but happy with it! I too have a brew fermenting in there now, but the measurement is about 5 3/4" as Bellybuster stated.

I would love to buy it but I need to figure out temp control for it as I live here in Texas and it's too big for my fridge. My thought is, buy some stainless steel coil and drill holes in the top lid. Put hose Barbes connected to a pump in ice water connected to a temp controller. Basically when the temp control senses it's too high, the ice water would be pumped through the coils which will be inside of the fermenter till the temp drops. Any thoughts

I would love to buy it but I need to figure out temp control for it as I live here in Texas and it's too big for my fridge. My thought is, buy some stainless steel coil and drill holes in the top lid. Put hose Barbes connected to a pump in ice water connected to a temp controller. Basically when the temp control senses it's too high, the ice water would be pumped through the coils which will be inside of the fermenter till the temp drops. Any thoughts

To me, this seems like allot of expense for a $100 fermenter. You could probably find a craigslist fridge for cheaper. SS coil and fittings are expensive.
The idea will work though. Kind of a quasi glycol system.

someone recently showed a foam board box that went around a wall mounted fast ferment. Used frozen bottles of water to keep things cool. Cheap and easy

To me, this seems like allot of expense for a $100 fermenter. You could probably find a craigslist fridge for cheaper. SS coil and fittings are expensive. I would almost go the route of the SS Brewbucket, would end up costing the same and fit in your fridge.
The idea will work though. Kind of a quasi glycol system.

Latest posts

Back