Fargo Frozen Beer Machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beernutz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was eating lunch today at Big Wave Dave's, a beach seafood restaurant in Orange Beech, AL when the manager came over during the meal and asked if we were interested in trying some free beer out of a frozen beer machine they were demoing. Ah, sure!

The beer was Shocktop which my wife likes so he brought one for each of us. I didn't get a picture of the beer but if you look at the beer picture on the machine that's exactly what it looked like. It was the damndest thing but the frozen head never completely melted and the beer stayed ice cold until it was finished.

The manager said if they buy in they'll be several beers available this way and honestly I think on the beach with this heat it will be a huge hit.

I was just wondering if others had tried frozen beer.

B3HokKJ.jpg

[...]I was just wondering if others had tried frozen beer.

Not on purpose :)
Slushy bottles have happened in the past, but aside from totally effed up carbonation they still tasted like their non-slushy brethren.

On a hot beach I could see the appeal.
Allowances can be made ;)

Cheers!

Looks like the old "slush puppy" machines. Was it carbonated? I would think it would go flat during the stir and freeze process.

After looking at the machine as we were leaving I thought the same thing, but somehow it was still carbonated. I never saw the machine being used but I assumed maybe they pour the beer and then use the machine to put a frozen head on it. The manager said they'd offer at least one IPA if they buy the system which would be interesting.

After looking at the machine as we were leaving I thought the same thing, but somehow it was still carbonated. The manager said they'd offer at least one IPA if they buy the system which would be interesting.

Damn, I see the cost of used slush puppy machines going up in price on Ebay now! :)

Just what I need, beer desert.

Makes sense if it was used to top a beer and not the entire beer.

Swedish ghost-brewers Omnipollo have been serving some of their beers with slushie topping at their Stockholm pub for a while. Had a raspberry sour with topping there a couple of weeks ago and it was really nice! Kills the aroma though.
fba7392b1e98c939ea02549b0ab4beb4.jpg

and I thought the risks of coming in contact with a painful childhood Icy Brain Freeze were long gone!!!!!

Looks for another way for bars to sell a pint of beer but only pour 12 oz.
I really don't need a frozen head on my beer.

Back