Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taught that it was bad manners to invite yourself to a party, BUT, I would be very interested and willing to get in on a FFL for the upcoming '07 season. So if you need another "team", I'm there.

desertBrew said:
Just bottled my rye this Thu night. I'll sneak into one in 10 days and see how we're doing, then I'll be shipping "something".

11 days in. I'm going to chill one of these Rye's tonight and see how it's going...

Ok Dude, Bird and Bernie. You got some choices to make. Everyone is getting 1 of my rye beers and since I'm such a nice cheesehead I'm throwing in an extra choice for Dude and Bird. Bernie still gets three. So what do you want from below? Here ya go:

Desert Dry Rye; details in my sig. You're getting 1, but can have another if you want.

The other two are from Nimbus brewery here in Tucson:

Old Monkey Shine
Beer Advocate Reviews here

Oatmeal Stout
Beer Advocate Reviews here

Let me know so I can make a UPS run.

Bernie (fedx), Bird (fedx) & Dude (ups). Your beers have been shipped ground. Should get em in 4-5 days. If not let me know I got the tracking numbers. The rye would be the rather non-descript brown bottle. My bottle label is a color coded splat of paint on the cap.

I only had one chance to try my rye since I can't drink for a week and since I''ve only had hop rod rye 1+ years ago I'll have to take your opinion how that bugger is (or dudes since it's "almost" his recipe).

Dude and Doug, your beers went out today, should get them the 14th. Sorry I couldn't offer you choices but I only bottled for this bet. Doug you got a pale ale, a dead guy clone and a porter(watch out these are a bit over carbed sorry) Dude you got the dead guy. bird, let me know the next time you're coming over and I'll pay you then.

2nd Street Brewery said:
Dude and Doug, your beers went out today, should get them the 14th. Sorry I couldn't offer you choices but I only bottled for this bet. Doug you got a pale ale, a dead guy clone and a porter(watch out these are a bit over carbed sorry) Dude you got the dead guy. bird, let me know the next time you're coming over and I'll pay you then.

Received today! I hadn't seen this post, so I wasn't sure what the beer was. I went ahead and put it under the bar to keep it cold. I'll dip into it tomorrow night and review it. Now that I know what it is, I'm really looking forward to this one!!!

Bernie,

I still owe you 3 bottles. Should I send them now or wait? I'm worried about them freezing and breaking.

I just tracked my boxes to you guys and Bernie, looks like my box was left on your back door yesterday. Happy Hallmark day from Desert Brew... The other two are still cruising about the nation it appears.

desertBrew said:
I just tracked my boxes to you guys and Bernie, looks like my box was left on your back door yesterday. Happy Hallmark day from Desert Brew... The other two are still cruising about the nation it appears.

Yup, got it- thanks!!! That's two deliveries so far- they're starting to trickle in!:ban:

the_bird said:
I've got to get mine in the mail soon.

Bernie, I'm going to supplement my brews with some local micros - what's your favorite style?

Geez I dunno- All I can say is I'm not a hophead. I like Brown ales, american reds, Bocks, Marzens, Kolsches, Hefes, & prolly a bunch more. Surprise me-keeping in mind that you caught me on dart night & I'm pretty looped:drunk: :mug:

Bernie Brewer said:
Geez I dunno- All I can say is I'm not a hophead. I like Brown ales, american reds, Bocks, Marzens, Kolsches, Hefes, & prolly a bunch more. Surprise me-keeping in mind that you caught me on dart night & I'm pretty looped:drunk: :mug:

Not a hophead???? Uh-oh..... I may have to send some locals.

2nd Street Brewery said:

Got'em today- thanks! Lessee, that's three recieved-DesertBrew, 2nd Street, and Boston. Beers are piling up!!!!:ban: :ban:

todd_k said:
Not a hophead???? Uh-oh..... I may have to send some locals

I wouldn't worry about it too much- I'll drink it no matter what it is!!!:drunk:

Dude - Don't know wtf is going on but your beer is cruising all over the damn country. Check out this trace:

--------------------

HODGKINS, IL, US 02/22/2007 12:43 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IL, US 02/21/2007 11:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SPOKANE, WA, US 02/16/2007 10:20 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
NEW STANTON, PA, US 02/16/2007 8:14 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
RICHMOND, VA, US 02/15/2007 10:00 P.M. A LATE TRAIN CAUSED THIS DELAY
NEW STANTON, PA, US 02/15/2007 8:56 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IL, US 02/14/2007 10:22 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IL, US 02/13/2007 11:26 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PHOENIX,, AZ, US 02/10/2007 1:03 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 02/10/2007 1:02 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
TUCSON, AZ, US 02/09/2007 10:45 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 02/09/2007 6:51 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

--------------------

How the hell does it go from VA back across country to WA and then back to IL? Brown aint doing much for you :)

desertBrew said:
Dude - Don't know wtf is going on but your beer is cruising all over the damn country. Check out this trace:

--------------------

HODGKINS, IL, US 02/22/2007 12:43 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IL, US 02/21/2007 11:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SPOKANE, WA, US 02/16/2007 10:20 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
NEW STANTON, PA, US 02/16/2007 8:14 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
RICHMOND, VA, US 02/15/2007 10:00 P.M. A LATE TRAIN CAUSED THIS DELAY
NEW STANTON, PA, US 02/15/2007 8:56 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IL, US 02/14/2007 10:22 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS, IL, US 02/13/2007 11:26 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
PHOENIX,, AZ, US 02/10/2007 1:03 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 02/10/2007 1:02 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
TUCSON, AZ, US 02/09/2007 10:45 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 02/09/2007 6:51 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

--------------------

How the hell does it go from VA back across country to WA and then back to IL? Brown aint doing much for you :)

Looks like it must be good beer DB. Everyone in UPS wants to try it.

Random, thread-interrupting <yet sustaining> question: anyone here setting up a baseball fantasy league w/ room for a few - OR - anyone interesting in joining such venture. I should probably look around for a similar thread first, but I'm here and I'm sailing the seas of Tequila so I'm going Shoot First, Look Later. Hey, at least I'm not asking if bread yeast will work.

Fiery Sword said:
Random, thread-interrupting <yet sustaining> question: anyone here setting up a baseball fantasy league w/ room for a few - OR - anyone interesting in joining such venture. I should probably look around for a similar thread first, but I'm here and I'm sailing the seas of Tequila so I'm going Shoot First, Look Later. Hey, at least I'm not asking if bread yeast will work.

I'm intersested, but only if there's a way to set it up and not have to babysit it every day. Either Todd or rdwj was talking about some way of doing a Yahoo league that was like weekly or something...

Well, I finally got the beer I owe everyone bottled. I'll send it out this week weather permitting. Sorry it took so long, but life around my house has been pretty hectic lately. Everyone will be getting my Big Bear Barleywine. This was one of my last extract ventures.

Please let me know what you think of it - positives and negatives welcome!!

rdwj said:
Well, I finally got the beer I owe everyone bottled. I'll send it out this week weather permitting. Sorry it took so long, but life around my house has been pretty hectic lately. Everyone will be getting my Big Bear Barleywine. This was one of my last extract ventures.

Please let me know what you think of it - positives and negatives welcome!!

Sounds yummy!!!

Oh, and you're not the last so don't worry:)

DesertBrew: Beer arrived safely! Thanks.

Unfortunately I am on nights so I can't tap into the wonderfulness until Wednesday, but when I do, I'll be sure to post a review in the "Sampling/Critiquing" section like I did for 2nd Street.

I've really got to get my beers out this week. Man.....

Dude said:
DesertBrew: Beer arrived safely! Thanks.

Could've gotten to Orfy faster. It certainly traveled more than enough miles to get to him. Interested in your opinion on it that's for sure. I'm still just not sure.

speaking of which, had my party this past weekend and we tapped into the pub ale after the IPA went dry. It didn't taste right :(. So much so my english friend dumped out his glass and went to my red. I haven't tried it since Sat and my taste buds were working overtime that binge evening. Will try it again tomorrow. that would suck if I f'ed it up somewhere thru the process. It was definitely young as I had to rush it to tap to make the party.

Ok, it's FINALLY off! Dropped everything off at the Post Office today. Sorry for taking so long guys, let me know what you think. You all are getting the very last example of my extract career. It's a Barleywine. Hope you like it!!

Bernie Brewer said:
Mmmm I love Barleywine! Yummy!

Bernie, you have beer in the mail.

SO...........now that that's done, who's ready for a NEW SEASON?

Who's setting up the league this year? I will if no one else wants to...but let's not make it totally wacky, we can change some things but keep it mostly yahoo default, please. And it MUST be a live draft this year, otherwise, sorry, I'm not gonna play. :D

Let's get on this early and get a draft date set.

I lurked this all year and the only reason I didn't step up is because I couldn't make the eventually aborted live draft.
I was even going to ask to take over the abandoned team - warts and all.
If there's room and the live draft is do-able, I'd like to be in!

I'm in. We know how many teams we're going to have? I could setup the conference bridge with an 800 # but I need to check the max lines supported on our system. I'm assuming the live draft would be on a weekend?

I'll play again as long as there is a live draft. Personally, I like the Sportsline features for baseball and the free stuff they give you is great. If their football is similar, I'd rather play there.

I'd be happy to run the league if nobody else wants to do it.

I honestly liked Yahoo!'s football format better than Sportsline's baseball format. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do something as simple as pull up a player's career stats in Sportline, though the fantasy site. I can get stuff like seven-day numbers, but how they've done historically? Yahoo's clean and simple, which I like.

I just think it sucks that you have to pay to get live updates. I mean, that's the FUN of it!! I'll have to pony up the $10 this year if we go yahoo

Just another site to think about is http://www.fleaflicker.com. It's real simple and free. Live scoring.

The down side is that there is not much for player information, stats on previous years and stuff.

I'm already in 4 other leagues. 2 on ESPN, 1 on Fleaflicker and 1 on Sportsline.

But if you guys really need another player I'd be willing to do one more.

Bryan

Back