Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That works, I suppose - but if someone doesn't pay up, I would hesitate to include them in other HBT things, like the beer swap I'm organizing, or next year's Secret Santa, any other fantasy leagues we might do - the NCAA pool, however we structure that (making the assumption that there will be some kind of HB prize with the tourney).

That might argue for a tighter deadline - maybe by the beginning of March madness? That's still two months away...

Remember, too, that we agreed that good, local micros could be subbed out for people who keg and don't have a beer gun, or are otherwise unable to bottle their beer effectively. This would argue for a tighter deadline being appropriate.

Thoughts?

Dude said:
Walker, save you from going through the whole thread.

Is this fair for everyone?

I was catching up on the thread anyway. I wanted to ***** and moan about the Bengals, but decided I would only end up entertaining you guys and upsetting myself.

I got Bird's PM and agree to everything in it. I'll should have my shipments in the mail in time for you all to odrink them while watching the Super Bowl.

-walker

I got Birds PM and replied to you, Dude and Ablrbrau in one reply. Let me know if you got that since that's the 1st multi-user PM I've ever done and I want the warm and fuzzies you all got it.

the_bird said:
That works, I suppose - but if someone doesn't pay up, I would hesitate to include them in other HBT things, like the beer swap I'm organizing, or next year's Secret Santa, any other fantasy leagues we might do - the NCAA pool, however we structure that (making the assumption that there will be some kind of HB prize with the tourney).

That might argue for a tighter deadline - maybe by the beginning of March madness? That's still two months away...

Remember, too, that we agreed that good, local micros could be subbed out for people who keg and don't have a beer gun, or are otherwise unable to bottle their beer effectively. This would argue for a tighter deadline being appropriate.

Thoughts?

Got PMs from Bird, Walker, Todd_k, and DesertBrew. No rush, guys, I'm in no hurry. Hell, I still didn't get my Secret Santa brews yet!:confused: I don't think they're coming.........:(

Bird and Dude, I should have your micros shipped this Friday or next, depending on when I have time to run to the UPS store........Cheers!

Never shipped beer before. Best shipping method just wrap em up with bubble wrap, toss in a box so they don't bounce around in the there? No "Live Yeast Samples" commentary?

I don't put the "Live Yeast Samples" on it, I think it's better to not attract attention. If you plan on putting a fake return addy on it, think of one in advance! :cross:

ablrbrau said:
Got PMs from Bird, Walker, Todd_k, and DesertBrew. No rush, guys, I'm in no hurry. Hell, I still didn't get my Secret Santa brews yet!:confused: I don't think they're coming.........:(

Bird and Dude, I should have your micros shipped this Friday or next, depending on when I have time to run to the UPS store........Cheers!

:off:

I dont' want to threadjack- but Ablrbrau- you didn't get your Secret Santa stuff? Do you know who had you?

If that person didn't send the beer and/or a note explaining why, we need to ban them from the next beer swap.

I know Brewpastor didn't get his, so I resent a box and he should get it tomorrow. It was UPS who "lost" it and still hasn't admitted it. But if someone received beer and didn't send theirs out, that's not right.

:off:

Ok- back to your regularly scheduled programming......

Lorena

desertBrew said:
Never shipped beer before. Best shipping method just wrap em up with bubble wrap, toss in a box so they don't bounce around in the there? No "Live Yeast Samples" commentary?

The P.O. only asks if it's fragile or potentially dangerous. I wrap really well with a combo of bubble wrap and peanuts, use far too much packing tape, and offer no extra info. It helps me to already have a backstory IF asked; I'm an ebay seller with various items.

I havent brewed in a while so it might take a little while to get my beer. (Unless you want a 6 mos old pa)

Im gonna make anIPA next week so, Ill send it out green in about 4-5 weeks

Hello all. I realize you're all annoyed with me, and I fully understand. When i joined the league I didn't expect to have my internet access reduced to the point it was, which left me very little time to do more than check my email. When I had a second I would update my team, but seeing as how I also had no time to brew over the last 8 months, I have had even less time to keep up with this site. Then, to top it all off I'm getting stationed overseas and will be making the move in just a few days. I would have never joined the league if I had suspected the season to go like this because like all of you I hate deadbeat teams. I appreciate the offer of the beers since I placed, but won't be able to enjoy them, so don't worry about it. Thanks for putting up with me, and congrats to all the winners. Hope all is well.

Thanks for the update Whitay - sometimes life gets in the way of fun. That's more than understandable. Good luck overseas!

Yeah, thanks for coming back to explain. Would have been nice if you could have posted earlier on that you weren't going to be able to play, maybe we could have gotten someone to take over your team, but that's cool. Best of luck to you in Japan, drink some crappy beer for us!

I got the pm today for some reason and thanks for letting me play I will have the winners beers out to them within the next couple weeks. Being as I have bought a new house since the season began I haven't been able to brew or set my brewery yet so local brews will be fine I hope .:mug:

highwayman said:
I got the pm today for some reason and thanks for letting me play I will have the winners beers out to them within the next couple weeks. Being as I have bought a new house since the season began I haven't been able to brew or set my brewery yet so local brews will be fine I hope .:mug:

Who are you?

Highwayman is the long-lost Town Drunks. Took me a while to figure out who the missing peeps were, but I included them in the PM I sent everybody.

:rockin:

Ablrbrau and Dude, I'll be sending in a week and a half. Was planning on sending some altiber, but I'm not terribly happy with it. Came out a little thin, I think it needs some carapils or something like that (and probably to be mashed a little higher), and the bitterness was a little harsher than I wanted. So, I'm gonna wait on the smoked porter, and MAYBE on the IPA if that's no good,

I'm still about 3 weeks away. Your beverage is residing under a hop floral display of centennial and amarillo and has another 5 days there. Then I need to bottle, carb up, sample and make sure it's not skank. I'll still give Bird and Ablrbrau a choice if you want multi-bottles of the rye, or a mix of rye and a local Nimbus sample yet to be determined.

I need more bubble wrap, just have enough for 1 bottle. Got lots of peanuts though...

Fantasy Football Beer:

I received the first of mine today! Thank you Bernie!!!!!! That was a VERY, VERY nice brew you sent me! I can't decide if I ever want to open it! :rockin:

FOX RIVER X
X was brewed to commemorate ten years of great beers brewed at Fox River Brewing Co. This barley wine style ale is amber in color and best consumed leisurely. Slightly sweet and full bodied, the raisin and pear flavor is created through a blending of biscuit malts and just enough hops to balance a lingering warm finish. Enjoy on any occasion, but perfect after dinner, with desserts or strong cheese. Drink today or cellar bottle in a cool, dark place. Cheers!

Do you guys think we should start a separate thread to track beers?

I got mine today, too - holy craps, imagine if we had actually won! Damn, that's one might fine looking beer.

Alright, Todd's paid, Boston's paid, Bernie's paid; the rest of you (including me) - SLACKERS!

the_bird said:
I got mine today, too - holy craps, imagine if we had actually won! Damn, that's one might fine looking beer.

Alright, Todd's paid, Boston's paid, Bernie's paid; the rest of you (including me) - SLACKERS!

That sucker looks awesome, doesn't it?

Mine won't be going out for a while so don't hold your breath--unless you want somethign commercial that you can't get. I'm half tempted to get you guys St. George samplers, but.....I do want you all to try the S.O.S. for sure. We'll see.

Mine will be going out in a week, I hope. If it's as good as I hope, I want you to try my IPA. If not, I'll see how the smoked porter's aging, I think it could use another week or two (still a little harsh).

The altiber is aging pretty well, getting pretty smooth, but it hasn't carbed worth ****. Did nothing different except I'm using swingtops this time, I'm wondering if they aren't sealing all that well.

Just bottled my rye this Thu night. I'll sneak into one in 10 days and see how we're doing, then I'll be shipping "something".

To the winners: Drunksailors, Bernie & Bird...I'm ready to send beer!

What do you prefer? I have Sorachi Slammer, S,O.S. (Smoked IPA) as far as homebrew, or I can get together a few bottles of St. George's in kind of a sampler. Up to you guys, but I'm sending next week. Let me know.

I'm intrigued by the smoked IPA, but the Slammer also sounds good.

Dude, make you a deal; if you send me one of each, I'll send you both a smoked porter and IPA.

Dude and Bird- I'm glad you got them safe and sound. WARNING!!!! I've never had their barley wine before, but their other brews are awesome. I got one for myself too but haven't cracked it yet. Let me know how it is.:mug:
Dude -If you don't mind, I'd like to try the ST. George's sampler:D
CHEERS!

the_bird said:
I'm intrigued by the smoked IPA, but the Slammer also sounds good.

Dude, make you a deal; if you send me one of each, I'll send you both a smoked porter and IPA.

Deal! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Bernie Brewer said:
Dude -If you don't mind, I'd like to try the ST. George's sampler:D
CHEERS!

No prob!

I've got Ablrbrau's beers boxed up ready to ship but need a box and rap for Dude's. When you going to be coming back over the mountain again bird? Save me the postage if I can meet you at Hennessy's.

Back