Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 more receiving yards for Branch and I'll win my game. Hopefully he won't fumble.

You mean besides John "300 yards each and every frickin' week, look at the stats, playing San Fransisco" Kitna?

Hasselback will be back soon, too.

Nov 6 Green claimed that he will not play for the Chiefs on Sunday against Miami, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal.

Advice: The quarterback is targeting the Nov. 19 game against Oakland for his return from a severe concussion suffered in the season opener against Cincinnati on Sept. 10. Damon Huard will continue starting under center for the Chiefs.

So, you want to make a trade? :D

Besides, Huard has 11 TDs versus 1 pick; how much of a rush do you REALLY think they'll be to bring Green back along?

the_bird said:
So, you want to make a trade? :D

Besides, Huard has 11 TDs versus 1 pick; how much of a rush do you REALLY think they'll be to bring Green back along?

All I know is every interview I've seen and everything I've read states that green is the starter again when healthy. Dumb, yes, but that's what they keep saying. I'll hang onto him then in case Manning gets hurt. Not likely there, either.

I'm just going to ride the Huard/Kitna combo, based on matchups, until Hasselback gets healthy, and even then Matt wasn't all that impressive so it's nice to have options. If they bench Huard, so be it. I really suspect that Green's recovery will keep getting pushed back (can't be too careful, you know), especially if they are still winning and in the playoff race.

I almost grabbed Green before you did, actually. But, I'm glad the way it worked out, D'Bricks can HAVE Pennington for all I care at this point.

For anybody looking to make a swap, I'm looking for another wide reciever, and I'd like to upgrade my D (goddamn Pittsburg). I've got those three decent quarterbacks and some excess running backs. I'm willing to do a 2-1 if you need a couple players for depth. Colston is untouchable.

Herman "You play to win the game" Edwards said that Green would be the starter when he was healthy. He said that last week but Huard was named the starter for next week.

best pick-up of the week??? Walker-san grabbing Seattle's defense.

7 sacks in the first half.

here are the scores...

screen.jpg

Best pickup of the season?

Boston grabbing Marc Bulger on waivers.

Second best? My grabbing Marquis Colston after week 2. He's got nearly twice as many points as the next-highest scoring TE.

Walker-san said:
best pick-up of the week??? Walker-san grabbing Seattle's defense.

7 sacks in the first half.

here are the scores...

Where'd that come from??? Seattle's D sucked when I had them.......:mad:

Wow, I forgot the Seattle game was tonight (for some reason, no real desire to watch SEA-OAK, don't know why...)

That's comeback of the year, Walker-San!

todd_k said:
playing Oakland makes any D look good.

Exactly.

I was faced with having to replace my defense this week (Panther's have a bye) and I immediately went looking for the crappiest teams and looking to see if their opponents' defences were available. That's how I ended up with the hawks.

Just noticed I was over a 1000 posts! On that note, I will use this post to talk trash.

Town Drunks,

I think you should spend less time voting for your team to win and more time making sure everyone on your roster is actually playing this week. I really didn't want to win so I could come in last and win some homebrew but this is victory is sweet!

Bird,
I'm starved for a stable RB. Check my roster & make me an offer I can't refuse. I got two decent D's and Reggie "the decoy" Bush. I feel like he's going to break out at any moment and I feel like sharing the love :eek: . Harrison or Smith I'd have a hard time coming up with something that works there though... The other WR's, something maybe...

desertBrew said:
Bird,
I'm starved for a stable RB. Check my roster & make me an offer I can't refuse. I got two decent D's and Reggie "the decoy" Bush. I feel like he's going to break out at any moment and I feel like sharing the love :eek: . Harrison or Smith I'd have a hard time coming up with something that works there though... The other WR's, something maybe...

It's tough, I'd love Smith or Harrison, but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up what you would need in order to grab either. It's tough, I want to make a move but I don't want to give anything up, either. I can't stand the thought of giving up Willie Mo, he's my one constant. WRs tend to be so hit-or-miss, except I suppose for Marvin Harrison.

I don't know, I'll think about it.

Oh, and I just want to say...

What a display of class by the Oakland Raiders at the end of the game. Real friggin' nice. I wanted Seattle to go for it on 4th-and-goal, just shove it down their frickin' throats. Worst-case, Oakland gets the ball back on the 1 with a minute to go and promptly gives up a safety.

And may I inquire about Art Shell? Did anyone see him utter a single word during the ENTIRE game? I thought I was watching "Weekend at Bernies III". I *might* have seen him clear his throat once, but then again, it might have just been a gust of wind. I told my wife, if she saw me sitting on the couch with that expression on my face, she'd be putting her cheek up to my mouth to see if I was still breathing. I've heard of "Dead Man Walking," but "Dead Coach Propped Up With A Microphone In His Mouth?"

the_bird said:
WRs tend to be so hit-or-miss, except I suppose for Marvin Harrison.

I don't know, I'll think about it.

I hear ya on WR's. I've learned that RB's are the key to this FFB thing and not rooks either. That's why your up on the top there. 2 all star WR's doesn't cut it in FFB. I'll be back next year! At this rate I'm looking to kick the puppies in the scrotum for the consulation prize.

I'd give you a pair of my RBs not named Willie Mo Parker for one of your stud wideouts, plus Chris Henry (who's actually pretty good when he's not in jail) for WR depth. That would improve you at two or three of your starting positions (depending on how you feel about Henry vs. your other W/R options). I like Jones-Drew, but Fred Taylor still gets the yards that count. Kevin Jones is starting to blow up, and he's playing San Fran (good matchup) next week. I still think Maroney will be starting by the end of the season, and if this were a keeper league NO WAY would he be available (he's going to be DAMN good when all is said and done).

I don't even know if I would do that, but a deal like that COULD be in both of our interests. I'd need to get some of your lesser players back (whoever you'd likely cut). ANy interest in exploring something along those lines?

I got an insanely busy day today but will chew on this and get back to ya by tomorrow.

If anyone needs a QB, I've got Garrard and Plummer on my bench. Both had big games last week. I need a decent WR. I'll gladly package a QB and a WR for a better WR.

While we're all making up Christmas lists here, I've not had a strong WR or RB all year. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to trade for them either. YAY!

Maybe Town Drunks will cut Larry Johnson so BB can pick him up too.

I'm pretty sure Town Drunks is just trying to re-create the Bears. I think he picked up a Chicago wideout with one reception on the season. WTF?

EDIT: Yup, Mark Bradley. Who the f*ck is Mark Bradley? One catch in his career, in week 2, for five yards.

Bradley was drafted out of Oklahoma last season, ended up tearing up his knee early and was out for the rest of the year so this is technically his first real season. Bradley may not be a bad pickup since Berrian got hurt and will be out for a few weeks, we'll see.

the_bird said:
There are some other FA wideouts I'd grab before him, or, you know, he could actually POST around here and try and work out a trade.

That is just crazy talk.

ablrbrau said:
All I know is every interview I've seen and everything I've read states that green is the starter again when healthy. Dumb, yes, but that's what they keep saying. I'll hang onto him then in case Manning gets hurt. Not likely there, either.

Hey ablrbrau!

Chiefs coach backs away from total endorsement of GreenBy DOUG TUCKER, AP Sports Writer
November 7, 2006

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Herman Edwards has been saying for weeks that Trent Green would replace Damon Huard as Kansas City's starting quarterback when he's healthy. The Chiefs coach appeared to back off the subject Tuesday.
"The one thing you can never count out is chemistry on your football team, and that is very important," Edwards said. "At this point, I don't have to make that decision. It will be a decision I'll make."

Green could be back Nov. 19 against Oakland, but Huard's excellent play -- 11 touchdown passes and only one interception in seven starts -- has fans split over who they want as the Chiefs' starter.

Radio talk shows have been abuzz and the Kansas City Star conducted an election-type reader poll Tuesday as to which quarterback should play.

After Huard led the Chiefs to a 31-17 victory over St. Louis on Sunday, Edwards was asked if Green would start when he's recovered from a concussion suffered in the opening game.

"Yes," the coach said, echoing a sentiment he had expressed numerous times.
He said Tuesday that his new stance indicates a possible change of heart.

"No, I'm not waffling. What I don't want to talk about (is) a decision I don't have to make in this point in time because that's not important," he said.

"Trent's not playing this week. Damon Huard is the starting quarterback."

General manager Carl Peterson told reporters to drop the line of questioning.
When they didn't, he laughed nervously.

"This question is ad nauseam," Peterson said.

Huard hadn't started an NFL game for six years when Green, a two-time Pro Bowler who'd made 81 consecutive starts, went down in the season opener Sept. 10 with a severe concussion.

Huard is 5-2 as a starter since with a highly impressive quarterback rating of 105.2, second only to Peyton Manning.

He's completed 131 of 203 passes for 1,623 yards. Working behind a weakened, patchwork offensive line, he has saved Edwards' first season in Kansas City and won over the support of a big segment of fans.

Green, on the other hand, is a five-year starter and team leader.

With Green at the controls, the Chiefs have had one of the NFL's most productive offenses the past five seasons, setting a number of league records. Green had more yards passing (20,117) and touchdowns (111) from 2001-05 than any other NFL quarterback than Manning.

Knocked unconscious and carted off the field on a gurney, Green has been working his way back very slowly. He was in uniform in St. Louis for the first time, but Edwards had said he wouldn't play.

"What I don't want to get caught into ... every week we win a game and every week Trent's out, we're going to keep asking the question," Edwards said. "Well, it's not about Trent right now. It's about the football team. That's all that matters."
Green's agent, Jim Steiner, declined to comment.

Huard has maintained a good-soldier approach, insisting his job is to be a backup. But there can be little doubt that he would love a shot at being the starter for the first time in a career that's seen him play second-fiddle to Dan Marino in Miami and Tom Brady in New England.

"If we were the other way, 3-5, we wouldn't be talking about this," Edwards said. "We'd be saying, `Yeah, when is he coming back? But now, we're winning, and it's, `What are you going to do when he comes back?

"It's a good problem to have. But at the end, the decision I'll make is the chemistry of this football team. Does it affect it, does it help it more?"

Peterson also denied that Edwards was exhibiting a change of heart. "I think his point was, `I don't need to discuss making a decision today that doesn't need to be made today.' That's really what he said. And it's not necessary right now. OK? Obviously, a decision will ultimately be made. It will be his decision."

If anyone wants Leftwich, make an offer. He's not doing me any good. Of course, he's likely to set out the rest of the season, so he won't be likely to do anyone else any good either.

Never mind, I off loaded him for another WR.

Latest posts

Back