F michigan Wolverines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helmy

Reaction score
God i cant wait to see the arrogant Wolverines get stomped yet again saturday....that will compliment a day of brewing perfectly!:rockin:

The fighting Irish is gunna jam so many 4 leaf clovers up their rear, they will be pooping green till St. Pats day!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah, nice to see another Irish fan around here!

Cheers

I think people underestimate Charlie Weis... that man is brilliant. This Irish team will be turned around by the end of the season and have a decent record with an inexperienced team.

Good to see that, no matter how horrible the Irish are, there'll still be folks talking about how much ass they're gonna kick.

I am a HUGE Irish fan, but I am able to have a realistic outlook on how my team is going to fair instead of sounding like an inane fanboy.

And Charlie Weiss may be an excellent coach, but he has no QB, no offensive line, and no running game; he's a coach, not Jesus.

100_2364.jpg

I hate to say it.....well actually it gives me great pleasure to say it....but Michigan has no game either.....Lets not forget they lost their fluff game to a team thats not even in their division....and Henne wont be back for quite a while....

Sidebar.....Im not really an Irish fan....I bleed Orange and White for the Tennessee Vols baby!!!

Predictions-

Michigan 18
Notre Dame 27

Tennessee 32
Flordia 30

Sidebar2....Lions are going to TEAR up the NFL this year.....well maybe not...but theres alwys room to wish in football!

Chillibeerman said:
Hmmm.....poor Irish fans. It reminds me of being a Wolverine in Buckeye country. I hate those guys.

When you're an Ohio State fan, sometimes a Michigan loss is just as good as an Ohio State win.

F Michigan!! (in college football that is)

Yall crack me up.... how many pundents here predicted that the Wolverines would fall? Heh, the Irish didnt even score... alot like most of thier fans! :ban:

ryser2k said:
It's called being a fan!

I think it's called being ridiculous. Real fans are grounded in reality. They have a solid understanding of their team's strengths and weaknesses and don't talk ridiculous smack. People who don't have a clue, just say whatever pops into their mind and stand behind their teams colors.

Me? I'm a Bears fan. But when I sat down with a friend who's a Chargers fan last week before the game, I had to give it to him. They had the better team. I still rooted for the Bears. And I thought they had their chances. But I didn't say silly stuff and talk up Lovie's brilliance just because I'm a "fan". Instead, I channeled my enthusiasm into reading up on my team and their opponent and learning about where the strengths and weaknesses would lay during the game.

In the case of the ND vs. M game, it was clear that ND's strength would lie in... ummm... in uhh.. that guy who never sets foot on the field, whereas the Michigan strength was in the 20-some people who actually play the game.

But what do I know? I'm not really a fan of either school. Boiler up!

Bottom line, there's rooting for your team.. Then there's just being out of touch with reality. The latter type of fan is just obnoxious. The former type is always invite to my house on gameday.

Sir Humpsalot said:
I think it's called being ridiculous. Real fans are grounded in reality. They have a solid understanding of their team's strengths and weaknesses and don't talk ridiculous smack. People who don't have a clue, just say whatever pops into their mind and stand behind their teams colors.
While I agree with you that you've got to keep yourself in reality, if you're watching a game and don't believe deep down in your heart that your team has even the slightest chance of winning (no matter how outmatched), I don't see how you can call yourself a fan. You've got to at least keep some hope!

Kubed said:
While I agree with you that you've got to keep yourself in reality, if you're watching a game and don't believe deep down in your heart that your team has even the slightest chance of winning (no matter how outmatched), I don't see how you can call yourself a fan. You've got to at least keep some hope!

Something about ****ting shamrocks till St patty's day.... it goes beyond "the slightest chance of winning". That's the real problem with ND fans. Although, on the whole, the actual alums that I've met have been great, it's just the bandwagon jumpers who never set foot on the campus that get to me. It's like they have an immense inferiority complex that can only be overcome by winning on the field. If they don't have that, then they realize that not only do they not have a winning team, they don't have the class ring either. LOL.

I mean, if they're you're adopted team and you love them, that's all well and good. But when you start being obnoxious about it, then you're just like every other idiot bandwagon jumper. Fire Charlie Weiss? Hell No. Keep him for about 20 years!!! I'm loving it!!!

:ban:

Haha! I’ll agree with you about the bandwagon fans. One of my buddies went to Michigan and I watched the Appalachian State game with him. The only joy he got out of that day was laughing at all the guys running around on TV with price tags still on their brand new Appalachian State t-shirts!

Kubed said:
Haha! I’ll agree with you about the bandwagon fans. One of my buddies went to Michigan and I watched the Appalachian State game with him. The only joy he got out of that day was laughing at all the guys running around on TV with price tags still on their brand new Appalachian State t-shirts!

I took little enjoyment from that debacle. Sure, I love laughing at the Big Dogs falling on their faces, but I'm also a Big Ten fan, so I hate to see them lose like that. Or at least I hate to see them lose like that out of conference. ;)

But no, give App State credit. When my Big 10 team plays them, I may be wearing an App State hat too. Talk about rubbing it in!!! LOL

And say what you will, the win was legitimate. It wasn't a flukey hail mary. Michigan had their chances. Plenty of them. Sure there were mistakes on both sides, but they got a full 60 minutes off football there. I can't feel too sorry for them.

Anyway, I've seen the opponent and had beers with them. The ones who are polite, who stand up for their team without being jackasses, I will take their insults if they win, knowing full well that the game is even and it goes both ways. The ones who get loud and stupid, well F them. They are afraid to stand up for their team and you know they'll be leaving in the third quarter if things look bad. They aren't really fans at all.

I take my ribbings. Some years my team is littler better than IU or Northwestern. Other years, once in a rare while, we're the talk of the town. I like that. I'll accept that. And I'll take the teasing in exchange for savoring the victories. That's just what fans ought to do.

That's my fiftieth of a dollar (that's two cents, for you ND fans who never managed to set foot on campus). Boiler Up!

damn saturday was depressing....so immediately after michigan crushed ND my phone kept blowing up from all my mich. fan friends to rub my nose in it. Furhermore, my team, the Vols got destroyed by Flordia......all i can say is AAAAAHHHHHH!!! there is always next week!! One thing about the NCAAF is that you never know what will happen....lets hope the lions bring home a victory

JohnBarleycorn said:
My niece is getting her Phd at Michigan went to public school and worked her ass off , nothing arrogant about her , generalizations are childish

Wow great for your niece...maybe she can define for you the term Generalization. besides we are talking about the football program not the academic achievements of the students.

To form general notions , to make general inferences , to deal or indulge in generalities . But your're right , I shouldnt have confused your hate for the football team and the student body in general .

Wolverine here, man was yesterday what we needed! Nothing like a good, old-fashioned route to lift one's spirits :D. The Big House was going nuts. But we're gonna face more spread offenses in the future, and we really need to prepare for that; they were our complete downfall against Ohio State, Appalachian State, and Oregon. It hurt to see a team with so much talent go down so hard. Henne has done a lot for use over the years, but he always seems to mess up at the critical moment, throwing an interception or a uncatchable ball on the 3rd down. Now that Mallott has some playing time, it'll be good to see how he does on the field.

I think my Phillies will win the Wild Card and make the playoffs... Baseball Prospectus gives them a 25% chance. I think my Eagles will bounce back from last week's loss against Green Bay tonight. I think Notre Dame will win against Michigan State this Saturday and break this losing streak.

I'm not being arrogant, I am just being a fan. You have to believe in your team, no matter how down and out things are. If you're not backing them up in the bad times, then you don't deserve to be there during the good times.

Charlie Weis is the most overrated coach in the history of sports.
I was quite happy to see UM beat them that badly.

GO BUCKS!!

Back