Extra carbonated bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarvardSquareHomey

Reaction score
Well,

Just got done with my second batch, a spiced ale. It's a brewer's best kit that has a 8-9% ABV. It's in its 3rd week of bottle fermentation and when I cracked one open, it starts fizzing up out of the bottle immediately. I wonder why? Is it not done fermenting? Thanks guys.

:mug: Lots of things can effect the carbonation, the brew has to be done fermenting all the way to FG,and too much priming sugar are probably the main ones. If you have not done so yet put it all in the fridge to make the yeast die down. And of course open over the sink.:D

yeah, I guess the FG wasn't where it was supposed to be. thought I had written it down, but I think it was a point off or so. so I guess, this goes back to carbonation. The airlock saw no activity for a few days, and it had been a couple of weeks, so I decided to go ahead and bottle. It's not a huge deal really, It's just odd is all.

Latest posts

Back