Explain your handle / De construct your avatar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MX1 because I could not use MX, had to be at least 3 alpha-numeric.

Now if my avatar is "ORB" then it is just part of my Old Republic Brewing logo.
if it is not, then at one point I got pissed and changed it....Ok it is the main Logo for my Brew

Tim

My Name is from the first internet forum I ever joined PbNation.com It is a paintball forum. I had just bought a new gun called Impulse by Smart Parts and it was pretty tits for it's day when first released. NO angel, but pretty nice. Well It was a play off that obviously and I was very proud of myself for being so clever. This was now ...um..9 years ago, Holy crap. Well now I just use it everytime I join a forum so I can remember my name when logging on. I've joined a few forums and not used the often. Don't think I'll ever forget login for this one but that is the reason is till use it. It's 9 years outdated from anything in my life...Maybe I should change. But I've already established, I think, a name here to where I wouldn't want to start over.

Myavatar currently is one of my first attempts with GIMP with a picture of my son. It needs updated.

Well, I enjoy cycling (road, mountain, Motorcycling now, whatever) and I'm studying to be an engineer (very soon now). Pretty self-explanatory.

AirRageous is the name of my hot air balloon. Ballooning is kinda an outrageous activity and we are in the Air so .....

My avitar is me flying my balloon at the Red Rock Balloon Rally in Gallup, NM. We are actually flying up against the 300' sandstone cliffs. Very cool! The pic is actually my balloon trading card. We have these made up (like baseball trading cards) and kids love to collect them at rallies.

My title is Balloonmeister. That is the title give to someone who is in charge of all the balloons at a rally or event. He/she assures the safety of the event and decides if the conditions are safe to allow the balloons to launch. I am the Balloonmeister for the St. Patrick's Day Balloon Rally in Los Lunas, New Mexico held each March with about 100 balloons participating. And it sounds kinda like Brewmeister so it fits here nicely.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My name comes from the Simpsons. (at least that's my favorite use) The episode where homer is a beer baron. Rex Banner grabs Barney, who is drunk, and starts questioning him. "listen rummy, I'm gonna say it plain and simple. Where'd ya pinch the hooch? Is some blind tiger jerkin suds on the side?"
Haven't found a good avatar yet

Mine is rather simple. I am a student at Stephen F. Austin State University, whose mascot is the Lumberjack. Also, my first name is John. I'm not very creative lol.

My name comes from the Simpsons. (at least that's my favorite use) The episode where homer is a beer baron. Rex Banner grabs Barney, who is drunk, and starts questioning him. "listen rummy, I'm gonna say it plain and simple. Where'd ya pinch the hooch? Is some blind tiger jerkin suds on the side?"
Haven't found a good avatar yet

I just watched that one last week! I love that episode.

Mine comes from the Office, when Andy and Jim were on a call to a school. Andy kept saying "Beer me." Jim turned to the camera and said, "Lord, beer me strength."

About 5 years ago, I tried to go into business for myself as a general computing consultant. Mostly this came down to installing RAM, upgrading people's antivirus, trying to eradicate adware and spyware, and diagnosing people's internet connectivity problems. In any case, I came up with the acronym BITS for "Berner Information Technology Solutions", Berner being my last name. Of course, when it came time to buy the domain name, the acronym was taken already so I tried some permutations of the name and bounced ideas off some people, and most people ended up liking "BernerBITS" the best. So that became my business's fictitious name, and my default internet handle from then on. I eventually ended up moving away and got another job, so I never set up shop again, but I kept the domain name and handle for personal use.

Mine's fairly simple as the username is a combo of my first and last names.

The avatar is a different story. I play paintball too much and this year played for the 1st time in Hawaii'. While there I did some sight seeing and in the Honolulu Zoo the white gibbons were going nuts hooting and hollering. Me and my teammates were so impressed with the display we started mimicing the "Whooop Whooop" sound in our games to call out to one another. So we dubbed ourselves the white gibbon squad and that is part of the logo.

My father is a true old school cowboy. He thought that Ceedubya was a cool cowboy name, so came up with an name to match the initials: Calvin Wayne, so my first and middle name have no significant meaning, but the initials do.

Pops called me Ceedubya while I was growing up. He no longer says it, but I have taken in on for my online persona for forums like these.

The Avatar is a picture of Jay Chandresekhar from Beerfest. My brother is a music editor in the movie biz and has worked on all of the broken lizard movies, including this one.

From NJ and see pics.

plate.jpg

roaster.jpg

Doog_Si_Reeb ..... beeR iS gooD backwards.

Picture is Homer drinking out of a beer helmet. I'm not sure if much further explanation is needed other than I like beer, I like the Simpsons, and I've always wanted a beer helmet (no I don't have one yet... but someday...).

Oh yeah, and Punk Rock Beer Fridge is what I named my beer fridge because it is covered in stickers, mainly from punk rock bands.

Got the call sign "Bull" back in '90 because of my Crud playing skills (crud, being a game pilots play around a pool table, combination between football, dodgeball, rugby, basketball and pool. Needless to say, lots of beer, JaegerMeister and Jack is involved. They called me a Bull in china shop and the name stuck. Played college football and tended to throw my weight around. Most of my career i flew the F-16 and use this same username on numerous other hobby forums due to a shortage of braincells nowadays. cant remember a clever moniker for every forum i visit so i use BullF-16, and not good enough yet to include any form of the word brewer into my username. Google "crud and fighter pilot" and you will understand Crud a little better.

About 12+ years ago I was getting my first AOL account and needed a name. I really liked the tazmanian devil and people called me the taz. That turned into dataz and my birthday is 7/22 so there i have dataz722. I kind of want to change to something different but ive used it for EVERYTHING for so long it would be too big of a pain in the ass. Oh and my avatar is because I am a HUGE baltimore ravens fan and will never forget the hit bart scott laid of rohtlisberger a few years ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0zE4totdiQ]YouTube - Bart Prank Calls Moe- Hugh Jass[/ame]

Funny how so many peoples avatars have changed since their post to this thread. Some of which were in ancient times, in web years.

IowaHarry, I live in Iowa, and my name is billy...wait, that ain't it...

The name is a take off on Happy Happy Joy Joy, the Ren and Stimpy song.

The av is Powdered Toast Man, from the same show. What it has to do with beer....I have no idea.

Hoppy

We were spending some time around the firepit drinking homebrew when someone said that I was becoming quite a brewmeister. I am a woman (which I indignantly pointed out) and was thus dubbed "brewmistress". The conversation quickly deteriorated due to the level of beer consumed, but the name stuck.

The name of my label, Broken Leg Brewery, came about purely by accident (pun intended). I broke my leg on March 16 while playing in a Geezer Woman's Hockey league. I needed a new hobby so I started making wine. Winemaking takes too long, so I started making beer. The leg never did heal, so I'm looking at bone grafts, surgery, etc. Brewing is difficult with a broken leg, but not impossible. I plan to keep doing it- it's addicting.

Lorena

I'm so glad this one got bumped. I've always wondered about Yooper's previous avatar, though now knowing the story I somewhat regret reading it as the fantasy slips away... lol

Yooper, how's the leg?

My first name is Roman. I am a Brewer. Nuff said.

The avatar is a drawing I did of myself. The beard has been exaggerated under the lower lip. It actually doesn't grow well there, but I filled it in because the picture looked too weird without hair there. Then again, it looks weird anyway because I am a poor artist. My intension is to use that drawing to make beer labels.

I call my brewery Big Beard Brewery. I have a big beard. Nuff Said.

Roman

I had a passing interest in chupacabras for a while when I was in junior high. It kind of stuck with me, especially when playing first-person shooters online, notably Counter-Strike. My avatar is a picture of the SS guards in Wolfenstein 3D, one of the first games I played on my 486. (My first game was King's Quest on the Tandy 1000, man they don't make em like that any more.)

Well... I've kept this from another site... as I'm an avid cyclist. I switch to a fixed Geared bike for winter riding... hence the name.

no avatar yet, will add one once i have $25 to upgrade my account.

Screen name was my license plate on my 96 ranger with air ride. never too low! i used to get a lot of questions about how i drove it because the tranny cross member touched the ground when i parked and dumped the air!

It's a song title by the band municipal waste. The song is about being pressured into going out and drinking some beers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name, avatar, everything taken from the best movie ever "The Last Dragon"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnsg0jDbHk4]YouTube - Sho Nuff[/ame]

I follow the Duck Philosophy and let life's crap roll off my back.

Remarried and step daughter cried all through the reception saying her mom was marrying the Devil!

Have over 100 ducks at home and work, so the brewery had to be Devil Duck!

I recently became a premium supporter thanks to this epic thread, so I felt it only fair to make my avatar in honor of the fine folks who contributed so graciously while harassing me so mercilessly.

The avatar is a picture of "brownie bites", a pun on my handle which refers to the fact that I dated a half-asian half-hispanic chick for five years.

I believe a brownie bites chocolate stout is now in order.

I recently became a premium supporter thanks to this epic thread, so I felt it only fair to make my avatar in honor of the fine folks who contributed so graciously while harassing me so mercilessly.

The avatar is a picture of "brownie bites", a pun on my handle which refers to the fact that I dated a half-asian half-hispanic chick for five years.

I believe a brownie bites chocolate stout is now in order.

That is GREAT!!!!!!

I live in Texas and am a proud Michigan State Spartan. Nothing more creative than that.

Back