Explain your handle / De construct your avatar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DRAGGER said:
Dragger is short for knuckledragger which is a slang term for what I do for a living.... I am a high voltage lineman in the Air Force.....

DRAGGER.....

If you ever need a forecast for some lightning, give me a call.

1w071a here. Other coast though. :mug:

call me lame if you want, but i have been using the same name for all of my internet needs since we (wife and i) met. kaj = kristen and joe, 030201 = march 2 2001, the day we met.

Wildwest is a play off my last name (west) I use it for all internet stuff, the 450 is for my motorcycle, Yamaha yz450f.

My wife is Malaysian thus speaks fluent Bahasa Malayu (Language Malay). She and I have been married for nealry a decade and have a 2 year old son. Through my antics of learning the language I came up with the name.

Gila = Crazy, Minum = Drink, Beer = Beer

When spoken it's taken as "Crazy Beer Drinker". My family on thta side thiks I am crazy that I make my own beer so it stuck.

After a decade of trying to learn another language, I no longer come acrossf to other Malaysians as a complete idiot.

Just as an idiot. So, it's at least an improvement.:mug:

No avatar cause I am not yet a paying member.

GilaMinumBeer said:
My wife is Malaysian thus speaks fluent Bahasa Malayu (Language Malay). She and I have been married for nealry a decade and have a 2 year old son. Through my antics of learning the language I came up with the name.

Gila = Crazy, Minum = Drink, Beer = Beer

When spoken it's taken as "Crazy Beer Drinker". My family on thta side thiks I am crazy that I make my own beer so it stuck.

After a decade of trying to learn another language, I no longer come acrossf to other Malaysians as a complete idiot.

Just as an idiot. So, it's at least an improvement.:mug:

No avatar cause I am not yet a paying member.

Why not stay with TheaterGuy? ;)

Really simple my name is really my name. First and middle inital and last name, the 7 was a softfall name. The avatar is me the dog and my grill/smoker (my other favorite past time).

SD

Soulive said:
Why not stay with TheaterGuy? ;)

Grandma? Is that you? You finally learnin' from the pro's and makin your own 'Sudz'?

TG goes away cause I am in the process of dissolving the company. Not lucrative enough, in my area, to support the wife and kids. BA doesn't let you change you handle, Ah well.

GilaMinumBeer said:
Grandma? Is that you?

TG goes away cause I am in the process of dissolving the company. Not lucrative enough, in my area, to support the wife and kids. BA doesn't let you change you handle, Ah well.

Yeah, changing BA handles is a PITA

I've been using blacklab since I first began using the intrawebs back in the mid-90's. I got my dog from the pound right before creating my first email address.

My first avatar was my 6 mo old son, the current one is the logo of the University of Oregon Ducks, my alma mater. In my state, other than the Blazers, all we have is college sports, and football is big. I've had season tickets for a decade or so.

My handle is a combo of my wife's and my name
DOMInique+jim

I live in Cape Coral Fl. which has one of the largest Burrowing Owl population in the US. Since I have 5 nests on my street(1mile long) the owl seemed like a good fit.

niquejim said:
I live in Cape Coral Fl. which has one of the largest Burrowing Owl population in the US. Since I have 5 nests on my street(1mile long) the owl seemed like a good fit.

Your avatar seems to be saying ORLY?

my current avatar (yes I like changing them) is from a somethingawful thread titled "post pictures of items with faces". One was a can opener with a bottle opener on the end, which I've never seen before. I ganked it to use for my own nefarious purposes.

I just realized I havn't responded to this thread yet.
CB is my initials, Baron is a model of recumbent bicycle that I used to ride. Its still my favorite bike and I wish I had not sold it. I've been using CBBaron on various forums for years now.

My avatar needs no explanation :) Ofcourse it might require a small explanation why some one from Cleveland is a Steelers fan. As for that, I have been a fan of the Steelers as long as I have been watching and playing football, which dates back to early elementary school. I think the fact that the quarterbacks last name is my middle name had something to do with it, but it also had to do with the 4 super bowl wins (at that time) and the type of play the team has usually had (tough defense and a strong running game).

Craig

thwizzitwx0.jpg

I live in VA and am a blues fan. So in the spirit of several old timin' bluesmen i used my state to start my name and Brew because well, that is why i am on the site. I plan to up my membership once i can go a month without having my car break down, kids get expensively sick, or some part of the house fall apart, so here's to wishing.

Eh. My name here is just my first name - I took it before I realised that it would cause confusion with Kaiser. Normally I don't meet a lot of Kai's.

The avatar is a picture I drew in MSPaint once of a guy in a suit. I like it.

olllllo
Your whole Deal is super cool now that I understand...I'm kinda slow sometimes.

Kahuna actually means Teacher, that's kinda not accurate, especially here. I'm definitely the student.

And the avatar....Compare to my picture in my gallery...it kinda looks like me.

Both stem from my great respect for the ancient sailors that sailed form Polynesia and found the Hawaiian Islands, and everything that has happened there since. I have an Elvis like fascination with the islands.

No avatar, too broke to pay for a membership 'cause I get so many good ideas from this site I spend my money on those haha.

My name is Glen, when I was a bit younger and listened to heaps of thrash metal I was never seen without my ripped pair of jeans and Levi's denim jacket. One of the punk kids I hung out with said I wore too much blue denim and then started calling me Denimglen. Lame story but people still know me as denimglen.

my handle and avatar are a fascinating story.

My handle comes from my AIM screen name because it's easy for me to remember. The origin is from my old screen name mm_430. 4 because it was my favorite number, and 30 was my hockey number and mm i have no idea why. THen one day i decided i needed a new s/n. I didn't know what to use so i started looking around (i was on my computer at the time). I'll leave you to figure out where html came from and 034 was just a reversal of 430.

My avatar took all of 90 seconds to come up with. I was trying to think of something quick and i thought, hey, I'm a philosophy major, Nietzsche is pretty cool lookin (what with the mustashe and all) so a quick google image search gave me my avatar. I'll probably change it at some point, or maybe not. I believe in avatar consistency.

Wasn't that an interesting story:D

Im sorry:( can i give you 30 seconds of your life back in beer?

olllllo said:
I'm starting this thread because I have gotten PMs from people asking about my handle and avatar. I'm sure this comes up alot.

Ok, I'll start.

I chose olllllo because I have a '03 Rubicon Wrangler and have had other Jeeps. The 'o's represent the headlights and the 'l's represent the grill. olllllo is never available on the jeep boards, so I nabbed it. I think that there is a certain diy aspect to Jeeping (and classic cars in general) that has a commonality with Home brewing.

When I upgraded my membership I was able to customize my title, so I added tires to my Jeep []-o-[].

As for my avatar, I started with a mounting plate schematic, because that's all I had at work that met the size requirement and I didn't have time to edit/find a suitable one.

My current avatar is a tiki that I carved out of a palm tree.
EDIT: AVATAR GRAVEYARD IS HERE: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=24478
Learned how to do it by lurking on other forums. It guards the deep end of the pool above our waterfall. I have three other palm logs to work on, but I'm waiting for the heat to break.

I was considering naming my brewery Tiki Head, because while I was in the carving stages, I placed my brew pot on the Tiki's head so that I could siphon into the primary. I'm really more into the desert (where I live) than I am a tikiphile. I associate tikis with tropical drinks and not beer. In short, I'm not loving the name, but I may name a beer after it.

Anyway, the idea here is to Explain your handle / De construct your avatar.

Also to keep things rolling you can call out someone to explain themselves.

So David_42:

What does this mean?https://www.homebrewtalk.com/image.php?u=2113&dateline=1152948054
Who is Sluggo?
Do you own a dogwash?
Mine was quite simple (like me simple minded!). I wanted Beerwarrior for on another thread. I like to educate people how there is a lot of beer with flavor out there compared to BMC. Beerwarrior was already taken so I just shortened it to Warrior.

The Pale Horse is a sort of a spin off from a quote from the movie Tombstone, at the beginning when they are at the wedding...

And I looked, and behold a pale horse:
and his name that sat on him was Death,
and Hell followed with him

It is a quote from the bible, part of revelations, I don't know, I thought it was kind of cool

Mine is a deconstruction of my name and birthday. old college loggin name.,...its always available on every site so I just keep it. my avatar is of me behind a glass of Dogfish120. which got me started basically into liking different beers

Name:
Pete (last name Petermann, so it was a nickname all my life) Oz (Cause I moved permanently to Australia 10 years ago) 77 (beecause women love it.. they get 8(ate) more than 69)

Brewery Name:
"Three Legged Hound Brewing" because my faithful hound of 10 years (wife had her for nearly 8 years before we met) Lost her lef a few years back and I named my brewery after her.. she has very recently passed away.

Avatar: Well, I'm a huge simpson's fan... and I love beer...so why not Duffman?

I work as an environmental scientist. Upon meeting my brother-in-law's wife for the first time and giving her a quick description of what I do, soil sampling, etc. she replied......so what do you do dig worms or something? Well that kinda stuck, and since I am an avid gardner and because she never stopped calling me wormboy, I started using that handle on my gardening website, and it just seemed natural to keep it.

Whether I like it or not-I'm a huge Cincinnati Bengals fan. 'Who Dey' is a Bengals cheer (who dey think gonna beat dem bengals?!) that was started when they were good in the early 80s. At the time, Hudepohl-Schoenling (local brewery) also made 'who dey beer'-the cheer sounded a lot like 'Hudy' (gold or delight) which was an existing beer of theirs.

My handle sounds like the cheer, and it also sounds like 'brew day' which is kinda cool I guess. Hopefully I'll be able to brew enough to have a good supply once football tailgating season begins.

My av is the brother of "history's greatest monster", who attempted to use his minor celebrity-by-association status to try to launch a beer, which he aptly named "BILLY!" As a matter of fact, it's the best beer he's ever tasted, and he's tasted a lot.

I jest love the look on his face as he's shoving his mass-produced light lager in your joint.

Hnefatafl is an old Norse board game that I play, teach and love. I mess around with a lot of medieval games and the like. It translates as "king's table", is apparently pronounced like "NEF-tabul" (depending on who you ask), and is NEVER already taken when I sign up on forums. So far.

My current avatar alludes to a medieval group I belong to, and were the arms I used to use when I began holding "tavern evenings" in the area. These days my buddies and I still use the name "Wolf & Drum" when brewing and hosting beer-related gatherings.

Back