expired materials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gusty83

Reaction score
So I recently inherited a box of "sierra pale ale" as a bonus from a craigslist purchase. Unfortunately the box is from 2003. The yeast is dead, the hops are sealed but messed up and the grains may be questionable. However, Im reluctant to throw away a 6 lb bottle of gold liquid extract. Is the extract still usable? And what does gold resemble, Ive never used gold for anything?

So I recently inherited a box of "sierra pale ale" as a bonus from a craigslist purchase. Unfortunately the box is from 2003. The yeast is dead, the hops are sealed but messed up and the grains may be questionable. However, Im reluctant to throw away a 6 lb bottle of gold liquid extract. Is the extract still usable? And what does gold resemble, Ive never used gold for anything?

The extract would be the FIRST thing I'd throw out, actually. Old canned extract will not be very good tasting. Gold extract is just a light extract.

Back