Experimental Hops 7270 and 9326

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Am thinking of trying another American IPA with a Chinook bittering addition and a new experimental hop for flavor and aroma additions. Took a look at Farmhouse and these two caught my eye. What do you all think?

EXP 9326
Alpha: 3.9 – 7.0
Beta: 4.5 – 7.0
CoH: 29 – 32
Total Oil: 2.0 – 2.6
Parentage: Cascade
Comments: Cascade-like with grapefruit, tropical and strong berry aromas.

EXP 7270
Current AA__17.8%
We know nothing about these, they are brand new and the grower needs some feedback! Huge AA!

Beta: 5.0 %
CoH: 24 - 25 % of alpha acids
Oil: 3..0 – 4.4 ml/100g
Myrcene 46.50%
Humulene 18.10%
Caryophyllene 9.80 %
Farnesene 0.10%
Linalool 0.70%
Parentage: Apollo, Wye Target

Last edited:
The 7270 info is great

"We know nothing about these, they are brand new and the grower needs some feedback! Huge AA!"

Love it. can't go wrong with the price. The parentage is interesting its like they're going for a super high AA fuggle. Worth a shot.

The 9326 just sounds like another grapefuity american hop. I'm a little skeptical of berry and tropical fruit coming out over the grapefruit but I could be (and probably am) wrong.

You'll never know until you brew 'em though. Good luck.

@Pappers_ I'm not familiar with 9326, but I did buy a pound of Experimental #07270 from Niko brew a few months back before he had to close his doors. The AA listed on these hops were 16.8%, so it sounds like it is the same variety. Based on the description listed on Niko's website at the time it said:

"This experimental Hop To Be Named Later is looking for a home in your kettle. A cross from Apollo and Wye Target. Notes from the distributor: “ 07270 plays better in a recipe with heavier malt bill that leans toward the caramel side. 07270 is tangerine/mandarin on the nose and ripe peach/apricot and mango on the tongue.” We have noticed some spice in the mix as well. Check out Ninkasi’s Experimental #07270 or Independence Hoppy Diver for an example."

I did a brew with Red X & Wheat malt (60/40) using only 07270 hops and WLP001 yeast. Based on my notes, the home brew group said they got a "peachy" character from the brew. I didn't give them any information on the hops before hand, so it was interesting to hear a lot of them getting that "peachy" character.

The reason I bought this hop was due to me trying an IPA from Hoppin' Frog in Ohio that used only these 07270 hops. I really enjoyed it, therefor the purchase. I plan to do a SMaSH with just 2-row and this hop to get a better feel for this hop (maybe sooner rather than later). I hope this helps!

I've used the 9326 along with Vic Secret in a DIPA. The beer turned out great, but I was having difficulty in seeing what the 9326 was bringing to the table. I still have a bit in the freezer and may do a pale ale with just the 9326 to get a better feel for it.

Back