Every time I brew, I come up with a new favorite! 😛

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_D

Master Of My Domain
Reaction score
Been a bit since I’ve posted, figured I’d share some pics of a couple of my latest favs.

I’m fairly new to the obsession, only been in the game since mid Dec. I’ve brewed 6 batches now, and every one of them seems to be my favorite! 😆

I shared a lot of details around my first batch which was a California Common. It turned out fantastic, but unfortunately didn’t last very long (yes, I drank it all). 😩

My second batch was a chocolate peanut butter porter. When taking samples as it fermented, the flavor was great, but it seemed a bit thin to me. So when I kegged it, I back sweetened it with 10 ounces of lactose.. turned out AMAZING! I’m really dreading the day that the tap spits at me when this one runs out! I know it’s coming… most likely very soon. 🙄 I’ll definitely be brewing a bigger batch of it shortly.

8ACAC439-BCAF-4317-845E-C0C0D4D1A9BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Fast forward about a month, and the wife went out of town to visit her folks.. game on!

I had a marathon brew day going for around 36 hours, I brewed a total of 4 batches. The first 2 I brewed back to back.. then I ate, showered and slept. Got up and brewed 2 more batches back to back. Total transferred over to the fermenters was around 26 gals. 😎

Here’s a shot of a hefty sample from one of the double batches, Dr Tabbogan‘s Love Potion. It fermented for 12 days, then cold crashed for 2 and carbed for 1.. tastes incredible for a 15 day old beer!

0524B1D1-06F3-4847-86B7-E95FAEF37CDE.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the second double batch, another California Common. Just started crashing it, I’ll be carbing it on Tuesday.

All I can say is, I really wish I had gotten into brewing sooner!! Cleaning sucks, but it’s a labor of love! I’ve picked up some new equipment that’ll let me brew bigger batches, not sure what the learning curve will be like though. Time will tell. 😎

4A23E44E-D3CA-4F9C-BE22-95BB58CB149B.jpeg

Last edited:
It's great to see how enthusiastic you are - it is indeed a wonderful hobby!
Yesterday's brewday included a few mishaps, but in the end I'm optimistic the beer will turn out fine. The anticipation and curiousity are always well worth the effort of cleaning :)

I'm not so sure if you really should start brewing bigger batches - at 3 batches per month, that is already quite a lot of beer ;) (assuming you're brewing 5gal at a time). I know you didn't come here for health advice and, to quote my girl JLo, I ain't your mama, but it'd be a shame if you had to give up your hobby at some point due to health problems.
So yeah, brew on, and take care!

Glad to hear you are having success! Once you get some experience you will want to start crafting your own brews to match your tastes. I never get tired of seeing if my recipe matches what I have in mind. Sometimes you miss the mark but not always so don't be too hard on yourself( most brewers are their own toughest critics) . Then the adjustments begin, so you can tailor your brews to your exact liking and that is very satisfying ( much like your back sweetening ) . Each year I spend time making beers that I don't care for commercially just to see if I can make that style to my liking ( bullheaded like that I guess ) and the answer is always yes, sometimes with some tweaking. At the same time making new beers and favorites again and again. :mug:

Last edited:
I'm not so sure if you really should start brewing bigger batches - at 3 batches per month, that is already quite a lot of beer ;) (assuming you're brewing 5gal at a time). I know you didn't come here for health advice and, to quote my girl JLo, I ain't your mama, but it'd be a shame if you had to give up your hobby at some point due to health problems.
So yeah, brew on, and take care!

5A33A35F-F6D3-48B7-B2FF-838EFE4A396F.jpeg

This is the second double batch, another California Common. Just started crashing it, I’ll be carbing it on Tuesday.

All I can say is, I really wish I had gotten into brewing sooner!! Cleaning sucks, but it’s a labor of love! I’ve picked up some new equipment that’ll let me brew bigger batches, not sure what the learning curve will be like though. Time will tell. 😎

View attachment 760210

What is your little temperature controller gizmo?

What is your little temperature controller gizmo?

It’s the new FTSS touch from SS Brewtech. I‘m hoping they release a firmware update soon that gives it a lot more functionalit, I really would not recommend it in its current state for the price point.

Latest posts

Back