Ever seen one of these?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyc318

Reaction score
Found two bottles like this at a rummage sale this weekend. Can't find much on the Internet. Anyone seen these? Ultenmunster Brauer Bier 1 liter bottle with porcelain swing top stopper.

image-1050138016.jpg

tonyc318 said:
Found two bottles like this at a rummage sale this weekend. Can't find much on the Internet. Anyone seen these? Ultenmunster Brauer Bier 1 liter bottle with porcelain swing top stopper.

Nice bottle

Yeah, I was stoked to find these. Need to get some new rubber gaskets for the stoppers. Super glad I actually went to the garage sales with my wife this weekend!

YES! Mine are a little different (I can put a crown cap on mine if I wanted) but they are same concept...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/neat-swing-top-bottle-find-315128/

I have not had much time to do anything with them yet but I REALLY think they are neat. Many of mine seem to have chipped/cracked ceramic tops. After seeing how these bottles are and how cool/rare they seem to be, I will be replacing ALL the ceramic tops for modern plastic (or whatever they are made of) tops. I would hate to loose one to the ceramic hitting the bottle "just right" or risk infection and potential bottle bombs due to chips/cracks also possibly resulting in the loss of said bottles.

FWIW I have/am developing a swing-top collecting mental illness. I will buy beer even if I do not really care for what is inside to get them, especially if they are rare or neat shaped like these.

On BA they say this one is retired and no longer brewed. I can guess these bottles are as well...

Back