Ever notice ones you go all grain, it consumes you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever notice that when you start a new thread that by the tenth page the subject has completely changed? Along the way someone said something and someone got there feelings hurt and then there's a shouting match. I can see why this thread isn't in the all grain section anymore.

Its tough to know what someone really means when you cant see there body language or here there tone of voice. Especially after a few too many home brews, lol.:cross:

I belong to "Lawn Site. Com" and the very same thing happens there too. You start a subject on drinking beer and by the tenth page the subject is on underwater basket weaving.

All I can say is i cant stop thinking about my next batch of beer. :rockin:

I totally forgot about this thread and it totally went off on a tangent after I remarked on how heated things were getting.

abracadabra said:
I don't have any problem with Gumby disagreeing with my assertion that being consumed with beer making or anything else is not a good thing, if that's how he feels.

It's his insinuation of laziness on my part that I find insulting. Especially coming from someone who obviously doesn't even know the meaning of the words consume, dedicated or obsessed. And someone who doesn't seem to have an original thought in his head so he has to quote someone else's saying.

Feel free to disagree with me all you like the free flow of ideas and opinions is what this forum is all about, but keep insulting comments to yourself or expect a public response! I am not going to send someone a PM informing them of how they should conduct themselves on a public format when they attempt to insult me in a pubic forum. I'm going to show them up for who they are on the same pubic forum.

Furthermore I would assert that the meaning of words do matter. Words are what we use to communicate with and if you don't know their meanings how can you possibly communicate effectively.

I guess the alternative is to do like Gumby & reduce your comments to insults if you are unable to articulate an intelligent response.

whoa sorry didn't mean to get anyone rattled over that comment wasn't trying to be a ***** or anything meant for it to be kind of humorous but i guess it back fired haha but hope theres no hard feelings on anyone

lets all have a home brew:tank: and get along haha do apologize agian didn't mean to rattle things up.

iv been sitting on a batch of beer that's been in the carboy since the winter. I just now kegged it. It tastes good even though its not carbonated. I cant wait for the winter to get back into all grain brewing. All grain beer does get better with aging.

Back