Ever drink your beer in the shower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadLiver

Reaction score
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ovBl7TD2c[/ame]

Saw this the other night and thought it was brilliant! Who would've thunk? The logic makes sense so I tried it last night with some Bud Light (yes, I have sinned, I repent, please forgive me :)), but even that tasted great in the shower!

The whole shower experience was WAY better!

Anybody else ever try this?

As for the chilling method, the logic is sound. Heck, anyone who has either built a recirculating immersion chiller or who uses their chiller to stir the cooling wort knows about this. Water (or wort or beer) that is moving is an excellent heat transfer medium. Water that is stagnant is MUCH less so. So if you keep the ice water swirling around the beer, it will chill VERY quickly.

And yes, how would any of us have gotten through college without shower beers?

Safety moment here - make sure you drink from a can or plastic cup - no glass. Carry on.

Look, me and the wife didn't put in a beer shelf and not use it!

2016-09-01 14.16.16.jpg

Hot water increases blood flow. Increased blood flow leads to more efficient alcohol absorption. I'm just trying to be more efficient!

I take you guys ferment in glass carboys, too?

i do!
i mean, if you drop the glass in your shower, it's almost instantly cleaned up, just step out...
if you cut yourself... the blood doesn't stain! :ban:

I drink rum in the bath. Does that mean anything? Aside from being a southern dandy?

I always have a shower beer after I get home from a hockey game, it helps me sleep. Usually I'll still have all the adrenaline from the game going, but a hot shower and a beer calms me down.

Y'all are making me a believer, I'll have to try it. Usually the beer waits on the counter until I'm out and dried off.

Back