Er, Hi...I must have missed this sub forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knittycat

Reaction score
So, uh, Hi there!
I'm Bobbie, and I live in south east Texas. Poverty's a ***** and so I have no brewing equipment just yet. I'm working on it, and researching what I'd like to have and do so I can brew a good batch my first go-round.
I am learning, asking dumb questions and learning some more. And one day, I'll have a good home brew to show for it.
Thanks for such a great forum!

Welcome!

You can brew beer with mostly what you likely have in your kitchen - a large pot and a tall spoon. What you don't have probably but will need is a fermentation bucket or pail, some tubing, a bottling wand and a wing style bottle capper.

Good luck!

Welcome! Check local craigslist for people selling their homebrew stuff. Go to places who bake on a large scale and see if they have any 5 gallon food grade buckets without a bad smell (pickle buckets are a no-go). You can start with smaller batches and work your way up. 3 gallon batches are fine to ferment in a 5 gallon bucket and you should be able to brew up that much on your stove.

Brewing AG recipes will be cheaper and you can start doing that using the BIAB method on your stove top right away. You only have to do a bit more math to figure the gravity. There are numerous threads on BIAB already.

So you need a couple nylon bags from the hardware, some bottles, a cheap capper, some tubing and dip tube and a method for siphoning or a siphon device.

I highly recommend picking up a bottling bucket.

Back