equipment SCORE!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShake

Reaction score
Wife saw an add on craigslist for a liquidation auction at the local Elk's club.

We spent most of the day there, purchased a ton of stuff for very little money... including:

Working 3 door keg cooler with 3 towers and 5 taps
main.php

main.php

Single keg kegerator with a couple of handles, regulator
main.php

Sankey couplers from 3 door
main.php

Soda jockey box
main.php

5 pass cold plate in the soda jockey
main.php

main.php

All of that for less than 150 bucks.
80 for the cooler
50 for the kegerator
10 for the cold plate/box

:ban::rockin::ban:

Shnikeys!!! Awesome score. Definitely a nice dinner is in order for your prize of a wife.

Unfortunately, we all hate you passionately now.

holy ****bags! nice score there man, and yes, you owe your wife many, many homebrews.

Yeah!! gotta love those sweet industrial kegerators for cheap! Congrats man! How many cornies you reckon you can fit in the big one? I've heard those little brown ones hold 4!

I don't hate you... BTW, if you hear moving sounds in your house tonight, don't get up... It's just the cat.

Don't have a cat :) But ignore any sound you hear.. its just the shotgun :mug:

I reckon that 3 door will hold 18-20 cornys. I own 8 I think... its time to buy more and get ta brewin!

Man, now that is a steal if I ever saw one. I think I paid more than that for just my two pass jocky box.
You my dear man SUCK, and your wife is one smart shopper.
Congratulations, that is a great score.

What brand is the keg cooler? I can't tell from the picture. If you have 4 corny kegs you can test and see how many total will fit by rotating them through and keeping count. I wont be using mine for at least a year, but I have an idea on how to make a shiny (aluminum) insulated tee type tower and span it over the existing towers if you take the caps and the faucets off of them...

If you put HALF as many beers on tap as that thing will hold, you're going to want perlicks for sure or else all the taps will be locked shut by the time you even think about cycling back to another beer on tap. Good thing they're only 6 dollars more than the $hitty faucets!

Its made by Superior Producsts. I've got 2 perlicks, going to have to budget to get more or sure!! I've never even considered more than 2 beers on tap before now... so much to do, so little time.
I'm not waiting a year, I intend to be serving from this thing in less than 2 weeks.

Its made by Superior Producsts. I've got 2 perlicks, going to have to budget to get more or sure!! I've never even considered more than 2 beers on tap before now... so much to do, so little time.
I'm not waiting a year, I intend to be serving from this thing in less than 2 weeks.

Yeah, I can't really bring mine up to school with me :(

If you're a DIY'er, I can give you some basic plans on what I was thinking for how to hack together something like this for less than the asking price, as long as you dont mind setting it on top of your single towers with their faucets removed. It'd be an incomplete idea as I obviously haven't done it yet, but its fairly simple.

Have you tried fitting cornies in the wood paneled one yet? I've read before those can hold 4, but it may have been a different wood paneled kegerator

I'm actually quite fine with the 3 single towers vs to the 12+ tower bridge, but thanks for the offer. (though, I am a heavy DIYer).
I haven't even touched the single kegerator yet. I'd guess 4 would fit pretty easily, but I imagine it will only ever see 2. Its actually going to go on the back patio with its own cover for parties and sit empty in the garage otherwise.

Back