Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wings are in again, thanks to Boston's improbable losing streak. Now we get to sit back and watch who gets knocked out and who gets in. I'm starting to think that Boston is going to sht the bed here and will end up crying in their baked beans.

But really, it could also be Pittsburgh standing on the sidewalk peering into the candy store.

I'm one of Boston's biggest fans, but hope they lose tomorrow. They've looked like crap all year and don't deserve a playoff spot. I'd like to just enjoy the playoffs and root for some different teams. Boston needs some major changes starting at the top.

*sigh*

I'm a Blues fan. All kinds of regular season promise and potential. Hoping they don't shat the bed again this year.

#LetsGoBlues

I'm one of Boston's biggest fans, but hope they lose tomorrow. They've looked like crap all year and don't deserve a playoff spot. I'd like to just enjoy the playoffs and root for some different teams. Boston needs some major changes starting at the top.

:(

At least I don't have to hear my friend's dad gloat about their precious Bruins. He's from the Boston area, so his trash talk is BRUTAL!

I'm in good company here, I'm an Isles fan. Leading the league a couple of months ago, but well below .500 the last six weeks. I was hoping for a great Islanders-Rangers series, but I'm not sure they get there. If the Rangers win the cup, I won't hear the end of it for another 20 years. (Aren't New Yorkers obnoxious enough? :) )

I'm in good company here, I'm an Isles fan. Leading the league a couple of months ago, but well below .500 the last six weeks. I was hoping for a great Islanders-Rangers series, but I'm not sure they get there. If the Rangers win the cup, I won't hear the end of it for another 20 years. (Aren't New Yorkers obnoxious enough? :) )

Maybe the Pens can take care of the Rangers for ya. Anything can happen right?

Right?

It's ok to be hopeful but not too hopeful right? Let's Go Pens!

GO HAWKS,

Any preds fans wanna trade some homebrews based on who wins?

Preds fans? Do those exist? I heard some rumors they're having trouble filling their stadium. One might say it's... IN THE RED!

But if any of these mythical Predators fan creatures do exist, I too would love to trade homebrew based on who wins. I'm looking forward to a great series and tonight can't come fast enough. GO HAWKS!!

Jeremy Piven says it all for Hawks fans...

https://youtu.be/Y1BFfTf8MNE

I heard Nashville is trying to limit the sales of tickets to certain Tennessee area codes. Can anyone confirm? Sounds like they want a homogeneous fan base, and not a Southern Illinois Chicago Rooting crowd.

Preds fans? Do those exist? I heard some rumors they're having trouble filling their stadium. One might say it's... IN THE RED!

But if any of these mythical Predators fan creatures do exist, I too would love to trade homebrew based on who wins. I'm looking forward to a great series and tonight can't come fast enough. GO HAWKS!!

Ok sudbuddy no preds takers. I guess when hawks win we can trade some home brews to celebrate....cheers!

Jeremy Piven says it all for Hawks fans...

https://youtu.be/Y1BFfTf8MNE

I heard Nashville is trying to limit the sales of tickets to certain Tennessee area codes. Can anyone confirm? Sounds like they want a homogeneous fan base, and not a Southern Illinois Chicago Rooting crowd.

It's true, the campaign is called "Keep the Red Out" and it's pretty pathetic. They've tried it in the past and all it did was get more Hawks fans to come out. I'm predicting a sea of red in the stands tonight

Triple OT after an 8:30 start was brutal! But what a game! OT was a clinic on goaltending, and Darling pulled it off again. That dude is a floccin rock star!

Triple OT after an 8:30 start was brutal! But what a game! OT was a clinic on goaltending, and Darling pulled it off again. That dude is a floccin rock star!

I stayed up past 2am to finish. Dragging ass today. GREAT game!

I refer to him as Big McLargehuge. He's a complete monster. I'll be surprised if Q goes with Crawford for game 5.

In honor of the Hawks' victory I named the Belgian Pale Ale I brewed today "Tears of the Mustard Cat." It's gonna be awesome, unlike the Predators

The Isles and Caps are going to seven. It's been a great series. I thought of naming a beer for it too. I just don't know how bitter to make it!
At least if NY loses, they will have won their last game in the Colosseum.
And if they win, they face the Rangers.
Plenty of great hockey this year.

In honor of the Hawks' victory I named the Belgian Pale Ale I brewed today "Tears of the Mustard Cat." It's gonna be awesome, unlike the Predators

Love it. I named my hoppy red "Let the Red in..." In response to Nashvilles super stupid campaign to discriminate against Hawks fans. I hope the goalie situation resolves itself though. We need more physical play and better defense from our top defenseman. Minnesota has given us some trouble this year.

Back