Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Anaheim scores, they should play NWA's Straight Outta Compton. I really want Calgary to win the series. They didn't start off that way though...

When Anaheim scores, they should play NWA's Straight Outta Compton. I really want Calgary to win the series. They didn't start off that way though...

Right?! That would be so much better. I happen to love the Bro Hymn and I hate that those *****enozzles have made it their song. I don't want to get angry when I listen to Pennywise, but it's starting to shape up that way. Long live the Chelsea Dagger!!!!

Very dissapointed in the game played by the Wild on Sunday night. Stetch passes through the neutral zone equals disaster when you play a team that almost always buries its opportunities.

Going to be full on desparation mode tonight. Go Wild!!

I'm hoping we can steal one in your house and go back to Chicago to close out the series. Minnesota is pretty good at home though so it will be tough. I'm really impressed with the way Mike Yeo was able to turn the season around and regain the respect of his players. That's really hard to do and my hat is off to him. That being said, I'm hoping for a quick end to this series so we can rest up for the Ducks. Go Hawks!!

The girl sitting behind Mike Yeo is super hot. Not the old bag from Chicago, the one in the green shirt. Check it out and come back and discuss

No, I only watch the Wild when they play the Hawks. Great game though. I like playing the Wild so much better than Nashville because you guys actually have real hockey fans, and I think you have a great team and can probably win the Cup in the next 5 years. The problem is that you keep trading for players instead of growing them internally, so you inevitably catch guys in the twilight of their careers. Even though the series is 3-0, I think the Wild have played very well and the competition between the teams has been excellent. This has been a fun series to watch, and although I really want it to end on Thursday I won't be heartbroken if it goes to Game 5. Touché Minnesota, that's some great hockey!

No, I only watch the Wild when they play the Hawks. Great game though. I like playing the Wild so much better than Nashville because you guys actually have real hockey fans, and I think you have a great team and can probably win the Cup in the next 5 years. The problem is that you keep trading for players instead of growing them internally, so you inevitably catch guys in the twilight of their careers. Even though the series is 3-0, I think the Wild have played very well and the competition between the teams has been excellent. This has been a fun series to watch, and although I really want it to end on Thursday I won't be heartbroken if it goes to Game 5. Touché Minnesota, that's some great hockey!

It is a good rivalry starting between the two teams. I agree suds, in a few years, should they keep all their key players, they'll be a viable contender for the cup. I like the wild / Hawks match up, more so now with dubnyk. He is a solid goalie and will eventually carry this team. Your defense is solid, and you were peppering Crow all night long. I think that Minnesota Manbearpigs have nothing to be ashamed of with their team, their goalie, or their coach.

With that said, I'll be watching the next game with a beer in one hand and a broom in the other. :p

Time to get the brooms out. I REALLY don't want the Ducks to sweep, but it's looking likely. I REALLY do want the Hawks to sweep, but I'm a realist and I think the Wild will be firing on all cylinders on Thursday so we'll see. I'm happy to steal one from them in Minnesota, but I'd be foolishly greedy to expect to win both. WCF is going to be epic, no matter the outcome in this round. Boy oh boy do I love playoff hockey!

Gonna go ahead and say it, whatever happens in OT, Calgary should have won this one. Very clearly deprived of a goal. Not that I have any vested interest so not planning on staying up for OT.

I agree, they deserve the win. I think the officiating has been horrible in this series and in the Montreal series. Prust was a ***** for venting to the press but Watson is a total dick, he shouldn't have been allowed to ref this deep in the playoffs. He's nowhere near as bad as Wes Macauley but that's another story altogether

That was awesome! F*ck off Anaheim, go back to Disneyland. A well deserved win for the Flames, and now it's much more urgent that the Hawks pull it off in Game 4. Again, I'm not expecting it, but a guy can dream right?

@Qhrumphf are you going to NHC? I think we need to have some beers together, you seem to be of a like mind

@Qhrumphf are you going to NHC? I think we need to have some beers together, you seem to be of a like mind

Not this year, perhaps when it comes back to the mid-Atlantic, or at least the east coast.

And I couldn't give a toss about this match, just wanted to rub it in the face of my friend/former boss who's a Ducks supporter. Also a Galaxy and Liverpool supporter, both teams I have no particular love for.

Hats off to the Hawks, thats a couple of games now they were able to take the Wild off their gameplan. Pretty stifling D and Crawford is looking good again.

No reason to leave anything in the tank for MN; I just hope we can at least get Game 4 at home for the fans.

That guy's been there every game I've been to during the playoffs. Right next to the players.

Tampa wins tonight with 1 second left. I'll be at game 4. Sweet.

Wish I would have seen that. I haven't watching any of those games, so I can't tell if this might be Tampa's year, or if it's just the Habs turn to choke.

Wish I would have seen that. I haven't watching any of those games, so I can't tell if this might be Tampa's year, or if it's just the Habs turn to choke.

Montreal played a great game, they just couldn't get the puck in the net. If you're a fan, the former is awesome. If you want to win, the latter is all that matters.

Tampa has a terrible power play. But they kill them very well. So that's a wash. Their speed, and their goalie, is what keeps them in these games. Ben Bishop has been very good all year.

Is it their year? I hope so.

Back