Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please. There's a billion streaks that are tracked. Here's some "sports lingo" for you. I've bolded the important things to make it easy:

Now, what the Hawks are doing this year is impressive, but all of their bandwagon fans can still go suck a big fat one for all we care.
f8e605f2408ebbc24d1443c33a04.jpeg

FYI - Ferris State is on tv twice this weekend. Friday night on CBSNS (or whatever...) and Saturday on Fox Sports Detroit. Just in case there are any other Bulldog fans looking to catch the last 2 regular season games for Ferris in the CCHA.

Is it just because they're plating UofM?

Usually unbeaten streaks dont includes losses.if the did a team could be "unbeaten" in the playoffs and still be eliminated in 4 games

I'll give ya that. Still can't deny that it's pretty damn impressive, especially in a shortened season where games matter that much more. And Paul, settle down buddy, I'm just talkin' trash, it's all good. The Northeast is quite impressive this year, all 12-13 game winners aside from Buffalo, right.

All I do is talk trash. Do you really think I actually want you to go out and suck on a big fat one?

THIS streak, however, is absolutely mind-boggling:
Most consecutive playoff series victories: 19, by the 1980–1984 New York Islanders, spanning four consecutive Stanley Cup titles and five playoff seasons. This is a record for all North American professional sports franchises

Is that a St. Louis Blues jersey? Maybe Canucks? Hard to tell from the pic.

Also notice it's a Philly fan wearing it.

All I do is talk trash. Do you really think I actually want you to go out and suck on a big fat one?

THIS streak, however, is absolutely mind-boggling:
Most consecutive playoff series victories: 19, by the 1980–1984 New York Islanders, spanning four consecutive Stanley Cup titles and five playoff seasons. This is a record for all North American professional sports franchises

Hey man, what you do in your own time is entirely up to you. :ban:

And yeah, the Islanders of the early '80s were something, may be a feat that's never topped. :mug:

And the Blackhawks are still the shizzzzzz this year. :tank:

The Northeast is quite impressive this year, all 12-13 game winners aside from Buffalo, right.

When considering Pittsburgh to be tied with Toronto (as they are in points, albeit one game behind) one could look at it as that Northeast has the top FOUR teams in the conference, which is pretty crazy

The wings are gonna go through a bit of a rebuilding period, and they've been talking about making the move for a few years now, so I will believe it when I see it

Longest losing streak

Overall: 17 games, by 1974–75 Washington Capitals and 1992–1993 San Jose Sharks
Home: 14 games, by 2003–04 Pittsburgh Penguins
Away: 38 games, by 1992–93 Ottawa Senators

LOL man did we have an awful year that first year back in the league. Second worst ever, to be honest (thank you 74-75 Capitals!)

This Ryan O'Reilly news today is the funniest thing I ever heard.

I wish Colorado hadn't matched the offer sheet, and Calgary lost OReilly to waivers. LOL They would have given up a 1st and 3rd, lost $2.5 Million signing bonus, and lost O'Reilly to waivers, and wouldn't it be awesome if Columbus passed and Colorado got to pick him back up? LOL

Greatest GM ever in Calgary!

Alfie get a suspension for cross checking Rinaldo in the face/head along with Harry Z getting a couple games for his 1st period hit?

Meanwhile, Flyers finally make it to .500...

Great Boston comeback win today...I'm watching a very entertaining Pens Habs game...I hope the Canadians are getting tired, They have to play the B's tomorrow night...

Edit..Ha, the Habs lose in OT...It should be a nice long flight to Boston..

I'm really interested to see how the Red Wings/ Blackhawks game goes tomorrow. On paper, the Blackhawks look like easy winners. I think as long as Detroit starts strong or on even footing (instead of allowing a goal in the first 5 mintes), then Detroit can be the first team to beat Chicago in regulation. The last 8 games the two teams have played against each other were won by a single point. I'd piss myself if Detroit can win by two tomorrow afternoon.

I didn't think one goal was going to be enough and the two delay of game penalties were just carelessness. They had the chance to put all this silly talk behind us...thanks Detroit.

I didn't think one goal was going to be enough and the two delay of game penalties were just carelessness. They had the chance to put all this silly talk behind us...thanks Detroit.

I think without either power play the Wings could have clutched a win. Brunner had a great SO attempt and lost control. Kane was a tricky mothafuqqa. Good game to watch but tough break for Detroit.

Great Boston comeback win today...I'm watching a very entertaining Pens Habs game...I hope the Canadians are getting tired, They have to play the B's tomorrow night...

Edit..Ha, the Habs lose in OT...It should be a nice long flight to Boston..

I have to get myself a Slingbox. I was down in NJ and NESN isn't on the Verizon service in my oldest son's area, so no Bruins. Definitely going to look into getting one of those boxes.

Ironically tonight's game is on NBC down there, but now I'm back home and can see it just fine...

Cheers!

So Zolnierczyk gets a 4-game suspension. Nothing for Alfie's cross check to Rinaldo's head/face and doesn't even sound like he got a call from the League about it. Continued hypocrisy and Shanahan continues to show his double standard and inconsistency. What a joke.

So Zolnierczyk gets a 4-game suspension. Nothing for Alfie's cross check to Rinaldo's head/face and doesn't even sound like he got a call from the League about it. Continued hypocrisy and Shanahan continues to show his double standard and inconsistency. What a joke.

Do you need a tissue to wipe away all those tears.

CityOChampBrew said:
Do you need a tissue to wipe away all those tears.

Expected this, but it's a joke that a guy gets 4 games and didn't target the head and a player who does target the head and gets a match penalty in the same game doesn't even get a phone call.

Expected this, but it's a joke that a guy gets 4 games and didn't target the head and a player who does target the head and gets a match penalty in the same game doesn't even get a phone call.

Comes down to the injury aspect. Fair or not that's the way the league has been handing them down.

Back