Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy smokes, what a story in Chicago. It's like all the Hockey Gods got together and said "Let's do this *****". Insane how this team just keeps rolling with magic.

I don't know why people continue to want to fight the Loch Ness Monster.

Here he is laughing at Georges whe he beats the tar out of him:
frazermclaren_zps14b440ad.png

How about Dan Carcillo's goal last night? Kind of reminds me when I was at Game 3 against the Devils and he scored in OT a few years ago. He scores few goals, but when he does, they're usually meaningful.

Saw the Phillies at 1 and the Flyers playoff game immediately after. Not a bad day of sports.

We can only hope that the avalanche beat the hawks to end their nonsense

That's about the funniest thing I've heard in a long long time. Thing is, the Hawks are already in the heads of every team they play, before they play 'em. They're all thinking about it, as evidenced by the Avs players talking $hit. Then what? They choke away a 3rd period lead and end up in the loss column. Sure, someone's bound to beat the Hawks at some point this season, but it's going to be a strong minded team or a team the Hawks overlook. Who knows, maybe the Avs can do it on the back end of this home-and-home, but I doubt it. Once the Hawks turned on the pressure last night they played like a buncha AHLers, and surely there's more pressure on them to beat 'em at the Pepsi Center, so we'll see.

Til then, remember, season's half over, b¡tches and everyone in the West is playing with ketchup on a steep slope. :mug:

Ugh. I'll be happy if Toronto somehow escapes with a single point.

Heh, me too. On the plus side, the Leafs have reached the point where it is probable they will make the playoffs even if they finish out the season .500 :rockin:

I wasn't able to catch the game last night, so I will be cheering on the Leafs with my Heady Topper tonight. If they win, of course, it will be because of that, meaning I'll need to incorporate a can of Heady into my ritual, for every single game the Leafs play from then on! :smack:

Maybe I should be more realistic and make it a Trois Pistoles or Smashbomb... or Westy 12 :drunk:

That's about the funniest thing I've heard in a long long time. Thing is, the Hawks are already in the heads of every team they play, before they play 'em. They're all thinking about it, as evidenced by the Avs players talking $hit. Then what? They choke away a 3rd period lead and end up in the loss column. Sure, someone's bound to beat the Hawks at some point this season, but it's going to be a strong minded team or a team the Hawks overlook. Who knows, maybe the Avs can do it on the back end of this home-and-home, but I doubt it. Once the Hawks turned on the pressure last night they played like a buncha AHLers, and surely there's more pressure on them to beat 'em at the Pepsi Center, so we'll see.

Til then, remember, season's half over, b¡tches and everyone in the West is playing with ketchup on a steep slope. :mug:

You heard it here first: The Blackhawks will go undefeated in regulation the entire season, before sweeping the first three playoff series. They will then get absolutely blown out in the finals by whatever team in the east happens to be left standing, after having not played a half-decent team in over a year.

The Devils should fund my homebrewing expenses since lately they have been really driving me to drink.

Heh, me too. On the plus side, the Leafs have reached the point where it is probable they will make the playoffs even if they finish out the season .500 :rockin:

I wasn't able to catch the game last night, so I will be cheering on the Leafs with my Heady Topper tonight. If they win, of course, it will be because of that, meaning I'll need to incorporate a can of Heady into my ritual, for every single game the Leafs play from then on! :smack:

Maybe I should be more realistic and make it a Trois Pistoles or Smashbomb... or Westy 12 :drunk:

You heard it here first: The Blackhawks will go undefeated in regulation the entire season, before sweeping the first three playoff series. They will then get absolutely blown out in the finals by whatever team in the east happens to be left standing, after having not played a half-decent team in over a year.

Hey when you drink that thing, open the can and immediately take a swig. Don't smell it or anything first - just open, and BAM drink some. Then smell it all you want, pour in a glass, whatever.

Trust me.

Hey when you drink that thing, open the can and immediately take a swig. Don't smell it or anything first - just open, and BAM drink some. Then smell it all you want, pour in a glass, whatever.

Trust me.

Thanks for the advice. :rockin:

Was already planning to do so because, hey, the man tells you to do it. Right on the can. And I can't argue with the freaking can.

Unfortunately though, swigging from the can will almost certainly contaminate it, which sucks because I will almost certainly want to cultivate and bank the Conan yeast.

But alas, I don't have much desire to clone a beer like this (i.e. a common style) if I've never even had the chance to "properly" experience the real thing, so from the can it will be. I KNEW I should have thrown all common courtesy and sense of politeness out the window and demanded multiple cans*!!1

Oh well, hopefully SOMEBODY in the GTA will cultivate and start distributing it broadly. Hopefully. :cross:

{*And several of his most finest homebrews!};)

The Devils should fund my homebrewing expenses since lately they have been really driving me to drink.

No ****. I was so excited about them and all of a sudden they can't put more than two goals in the net with 30+ shots.

Kronwall looked pretty good as well, i really miss him "kronwall'in" people tho, i havnt seen a hit like that this year.

Friggin' Tyler Seguin always scores against Toronto. Man I wish the Leafs got a PPG winger instead of trading away that pick that eventually might become one...

Devils with a good win last night too - Hedberg actually played pretty well last night too.

Kronwall looked pretty good as well, i really miss him "kronwall'in" people tho, i havnt seen a hit like that this year.

Article on MLive, "Detroit Red Wings Justin Abdelkader hopes first goal in almost a year is sign of things to come"

He scored an empty netter. That must have been tough for him.

Go Devils! They made minimal mistakes last night which had been killing them in the past couple of games.

Yeah and that final regulation goal by Elias was killer - nice rebound and perfect shot. He's been clutch the past few games. :mug:

And at 6-2 with under 3:30 to go, we can finally stop talking about this damn streak. I'm sick of the tards calling it an unbeaten streak.

Flyers' 35 game streak will never be touched.

schmoe said:
Article on MLive, "Detroit Red Wings Justin Abdelkader hopes first goal in almost a year is sign of things to come"

He scored an empty netter. That must have been tough for him.

I'll take it.

I wish. Crawford was surely a goat last night. As for the "team" in the East.... which team to you propose would beat the Hawks 4 out of 7? The Leafs? That's cute, I commend you on your loyalty. Your delusions are another story though. :mug:

I think the pens, flyers and rangers would stack up well against the hawks. I don't know if they could win 4 of 7, but I wouldnt be shocked if they pulled it off
The pens youcould argue are more skilled.

The flyers play a physical, playoff style. Good matchup against them.

The rangers are a good all around team and Lundqvist could steal a game anytime

Back