Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ColbyJack said:
I really hope the Devils win a game. Wow. That feels odd to type.

I just like to see a team win at home. Here it would mean either a sweep, or my prediction will have been spot on - either way, I can't complain. I know game 4 appears to be their weakest game, but if it's not just a coincidence, it's probably from becoming overly confident and relaxed at that point, which I just don't see happening as easily when they know the Cup is in the building.

Normally I'd prefer more hockey instead of a sweep, but there's just something awesome about the first 8th + bottom seed to ever win the Cup (possibly the first bottom seed ever? not sure about that one) doing it in such a dominating fashion. 16-2 is dynasty-era stuff. I think coaches are going to need to spend the summer figuring out how to deal with LA's game.

emjay said:
I just like to see a team win at home. Here it would mean either a sweep, or my prediction will have been spot on - either way, I can't complain. I know game 4 appears to be their weakest game, but if it's not just a coincidence, it's probably from becoming overly confident and relaxed at that point, which I just don't see happening as easily when they know the Cup is in the building.

Normally I'd prefer more hockey instead of a sweep, but there's just something awesome about the first 8th + bottom seed to ever win the Cup (possibly the first bottom seed ever? not sure about that one) doing it in such a dominating fashion. 16-2 is dynasty-era stuff. I think coaches are going to need to spend the summer figuring out how to deal with LA's game.

It's not the first bottom seed ever. I'd have to do some research to tell you who but I remember it happening before. First 8 seed for sure.

rjwhite41 said:
It's not the first bottom seed ever. I'd have to do some research to tell you who but I remember it happening before. First 8 seed for sure.

Maybe I'm not understanding but the "95" Devils were the 5 seed that year, lowest to ever win the Cup. This years winner will be the lowest regardless who wins.

Northjerzyg said:
Lowest seed, and ugliest d. Grab and hold era................lol

Ugliest D? Disagree. For both teams, but I love the way LA plays it. Somebody's just having a hard time dealing with the fact that the Rangers were pretty disappointing.

I've seen quite a few defensive tackles in these playoffs though!

Maybe I'm not understanding but the "95" Devils were the 5 seed that year, lowest to ever win the Cup. This years winner will be the lowest regardless who wins.

Both true statements. I thought someone had done it back in the 60's so I did some wikipedia research this morning. 3 teams have won the Stanley Cup after advancing to the playoffs as the lowest seed since 1930. Most recently the 1949 Toronto Maple Leafs, who were the 4th seed with a 22-25-13 record. They swept the Detroit Red Wings (which is probably why I knew the lowest seed had won before) in 4 games. Although in the Wings defense, Gordie Howe was out of the series after having knee surgery earlier in the year. I know, excuses excuses. Now of course, there were only 6 teams in the league and only 4 made the playoffs but there you go. I wasted way too much time to find that out.

Ugliest D? Disagree. For both teams, but I love the way LA plays it. Somebody's just having a hard time dealing with the fact that the Rangers were pretty disappointing.

I've seen quite a few defensive tackles in these playoffs though!

I was talkin about the 90s devils that someone mentioned..............

Yes, the rangers losing was disappointing, but this, so far, is the BEST POSSIBLE ending to the season!! Aside from the Rangers winning the cup..........

Northjerzyg said:
I was talkin about the 90s devils that someone mentioned..............

Yes, the rangers losing was disappointing, but this, so far, is the BEST POSSIBLE ending to the season!! Aside from the Rangers winning the cup..........

Ah, gotcha

Qhrumphf said:
As long as it's not over in a sweep. That's all I care at this point. Now to crack that zero road loss record.... I hope.

Keep hoping, the season ends Saturday.

sivdrinks said:
Devils hit more this game too.

This is true. They didn't look as scared as the previous games. Probably because LA's hits were uncharacteristically far more restrained tonight, hitting just to say they did rather than to hurt the other guy.

Didn't watch the game. Honestly haven't watched an LA game since Vancouver still. I didn't want to see more of this shiz play go down in history as a sweep.

LA-- if they can't play clean hockey, at least they can produce a sweet rack for people to cheer for...

Clean hockey? Seriously? WTF is that? Maybe something played by peewees? Or maybe you want to see another all-star game?

Enough about hockey, did you guys see the rack on the blonde behind Deboer!

Word is she's an actress in an industry where those are a real career asset. It was all over the sports radio circuit this morning.

Bah I don't care who wins, just want #9 to come home (fat chance).

solbes said:
Word is she's an actress in an industry where those are a real career asset. It was all over the sports radio circuit this morning.

Bah I don't care who wins, just want #9 to come home (fat chance).

She couldn't have been in a better position, I don't think Deboer got another closeup after that. You may get your wish with Parise, not sure how the Devils keep him, Brodeur and Kovalchuk on payroll together let alone the young guys that they need to keep for the future.

Haha!!! We're running out of hockey, so I figured I'd make a bunch of sh*t up to get you riled. Guess it worked.

Haha!!! We're running out of hockey, so I figured I'd make a bunch of sh*t up to get you riled. Guess it worked.

19904229.jpg

teeheehee...

I thought this was obnoxious trash talk, not let's all agree on why LA has a winning record.

Yes... It's true. Alaska is incredibly boring. You'd hate it here. Please don't ever come.

Back