Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My night:
Curse, curse, drink drink, curse, curse, drink drink drink, curse, dinner, driiiiiiiinnnnkkkkkkk!
Its another season dead and gone. Dam the blues. Dam nemo. I want nabby back.

wildwest450 said:
Cry baby, at least they weren't the first team eliminated.

I dont agree with your opinion but will defend your right to say. And your wonderful avatar.
Look im no idiot, we barely made the playoffs to begin with. So i knew it wasnt our year.

My day has been watching the Sox blow a 9 run lead, the Sharks out of the play offs and the misses spilling about half the German Pils malt all over the floor I bought earlier today. The later is worth whining about. I'm still pizzed.

3 underdogs have the chance to finish their series today. I'm hoping Daniel Sedin can help the Canucks stay in it, but they haven't played since Wednesday, so they won't have the momentum that they could have. Washington is playing Boston the 2nd day in a row though, and I hope they're still flying high and get Holtby the series upset. It might finally be that bad year for Boston sports that everyone else has hoped for.

And this Chicago series is ridiculous. I'd like to see Phoenix take it, but even at 3-1 it was impossible to call, seeing as how EVERY game has gone into OT. With last night, that's 5 straight :eek: Now I want to see game 6 and 7 OT just for the hell of it. The Coyotes were miserably outshot... this one's going to be up to Smith, IMO. Good thing Chicago won last night though, or Stalberg may very well have been lynched for taking ALL FOUR of Chicago's penalties. Even with the win, he's probably lucky he redeemed himself by setting up Toews with the lone assist in OT.

The East is just looking bananas in this first round though, and goaltending appears to be defining the West. Definitely one of the most interesting starts to the playoffs in recent memory, for me.

StittsvilleJames said:
What a great day for hockey yesterday, eh Northjrzyg?
What a wonderful, clean, awesome super and clean hit Neil laid on Boyle eh?

LOL Love it!!!!

Yes, there was a notable absence of posts by the fellow from North Jersey. Taking out Boyle doesn't exactly make up for the lack of Alfredsson, but the fact that Ottawa has still been able to carry over their dominance from the regular season even without him is impressive. I don't think anybody with a brain thought Ottawa would be a pushover, but I don't think many people foresaw them being in a position to finish off the Rangers earlier than game 7 either. These next two days are just full of games I'm extremely looking forward to.

Maybe it's old news already, but Boyle out with a confirmed concussion:
http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/story?storyId=7841338

That's a tough one to call... He didn't leave his feet, he didn't launch, it wasn't late. You can't penalize Neal because Boyle had his head down. Looks like a lot of body contact. There was some to the head, but it wasn't like the shoulder was up. I don't think we're going to see a suspension.

Torts is an idiot if he truly believes it was the same hit as Torres.

Maybe it's old news already, but Boyle out with a confirmed concussion:
http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/story?storyId=7841338

That's a tough one to call... He didn't leave his feet, he didn't launch, it wasn't late. You can't penalize Neal because Boyle had his head down. Looks like a lot of body contact. There was some to the head, but it wasn't like the shoulder was up. I don't think we're going to see a suspension.

:rockin:

I believe the property response was:

gO SEnS gO!

For now, I'll second that. :ban:

Let's Go Flyers!

And we're underway...and we start the game with Crosby getting wrecked by Giroux and Bryz making a save!

And Fleury not making a save! G-Rox!

Today is the day this series breaks the trend where the team scoring first loses!

Just wanted to post this as the Pitt/Philly football (apparently) game gets started. Awesome.

image-1650975457.jpg

I know Matt Read was 4-5 points behind the 3 Calder Finalists, but I was hoping he'd be a finalist leading all rookies in goal scoring and tied for 60th overall with 24.

Another power play goal for the Flyers! 2-0! Play to the whistles. Great position by the official to maintain sight of the puck.

Hartnell down, with a goal!

12/21 on the power play for 57.1% over 5 games.

Another elbow to the head by Neal...this time on Jagr. It wasn't very hard, but it's another high elbow after Jagr was already hit by Orpik, which was tad late.

This is why you don't punish players based on severity of injury, they don't learn. Neal needed to be sat out for several games, like Asham. Cooke learned from his suspension. Hopefully Torres learns from his. Neal has not from his one game timeout.

Pretty solid period of hockey from the Flyers with an even strength and a power play goal, and for once, none against so far. Small margins, but leading the majority of the stats and the scoreboard.

After some great work by the Flyers PK and several shorthanded chances, Malkin puts on in the back of the net. Flyers need to answer and get right back on them in their zone.

jtkratzer said:
After some great work by the Flyers PK and several shorthanded chances, Malkin puts on in the back of the net. Flyers need to answer and get right back on them in their zone.

Hah... 4-1

Another goal? Maybe? Yes? No? Going to review...

Definitely a goal! 4-1 Flyers. That's what I'm talking about answering after giving up the PP goal! We'll see if the goal stands.

:ban:

How do I make the dancing banana guy bigger?

jtkratzer said:
Another goal? Maybe? Yes? No? Going to review...

Definitely a goal! 4-1 Flyers. That's what I'm talking about answering after giving up the PP goal! We'll see if the goal stands.

:ban:

How do I make the dancing banana guy bigger?

Another PP for the Pens though. Philly has a solid lead, but 3 points is nothing in this series and they can't be spending unnecessary time shorthanded.

You can see the impending death in the faces of the Pittsburgh players already.

Kind of a shame, though. Crosby is going to have to shave his playoff beard before he's even able to grow it.

I am so glad I'm not a pens fan. This is embarrassing. Fleury is absolutley sh1tting the bed, in the most important game of the year.

Sad almost. Maybe Pittsburgh trades him for Luongo? LOL

Go Philly! (That's for you kratzer). :)

Neal did deliver pretty much the same hit as Torres. By this, I mean Neal on Couturier, not Neil on Boyle

Who knows... *Michalek* might end up being the hero for Philly today.

We'll see if that goal matters....

Another PP for the Pens though. Philly has a solid lead, but 3 points is nothing in this series and they can't be spending unnecessary time shorthanded.

No kidding. I'm getting more optimistic, but this game isn't over until the handshakes go.

You can see the impending death in the faces of the Pittsburgh players already.

Kind of a shame, though. Crosby is going to have to shave his playoff beard before he's even able to grow it.

Love this comment. Playoff pubic hair on the face "beard."

I am so glad I'm not a pens fan. This is embarrassing. Fleury is absolutley sh1tting the bed, in the most important game of the year.

Sad almost. Maybe Pittsburgh trades him for Luongo? LOL

Go Philly! (That's for you kratzer). :)

Thank you.

Neal did deliver pretty much the same hit as Torres. By this, I mean Neal on Couturier, not Neil on Boyle

And there was no punishment at all for that hit, only for the run at Giroux.

And with that, the Pens are shorthanded for a couple minutes. Philly does nothing with it other than take time off the clock.

Couturier really is a special player. Beating Malkin on the puck battles on the boards, coming back to break up a chance for the Pens. He is going to do amazing things in the league, hopefully in Philly, for a long, long time.

Flyers defense definitely playing their best game of the series, stopping a lot of pucks before they even get to Bryzgalov. Too many soft passes or attempts to get the puck out of the zone, but they're not breaking down like they did in Game 4.

And there was no punishment at all for that hit, only for the run at Giroux.

Yep, while I applauded the Torres decision, I was very disappointed with the inconsistency with hits by Neal and Asham that were just as bad (I understand there's less history, but is history alone worth 20+ games?). And I have no fondness for the Flyers, so there's no homerism going into this.

Empty net with 3:30 left. Bold, but they need 3. Here's the Goodbye song. Getting ready for hand shakes.

Looking like 6-on-4 with Gus off for delay of game.

Back