Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get here in America (in the PA part of America, anyway)...I wish I did.

Good look starting at about 8 seconds. Didn't leave his feet, principal point of contact not the head, and wasn't late. Throw in the fact Neil has only been fined once 9 years ago $1000, and Torterella was completely wrong on all points.

Good coaching move to deflect criticism of his team though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Canucks have the lead but they're playing a dangerous, half-assed game, while the Kings are playing with an aggressive but efficient forecheck and are doing all the little extra things (the semi-dirty stuff often characteristic of veteran players during the playoffs), which tend to pay off in later periods.

Considering they'll be eliminated if LA can convert on any of this, it's definitely not a feeling of ease. It's flat-out frustrating even, DESPITE the fact they're winning.

Bulls Beers said:
I don't know, As much as I hate the Canucks, They're playing tough.. But if LA scores again, that might be enough..Mentally, it must be so hard to come back down 3...

Almost every little scrum, battle, footrace, etc., is being won by the Kings. The Kings are cycling well while the Canucks can barely keep it onside for more than a shot. It's just a pathetic effort by most of Vancouver... only a handful of players look like they really want it.

I hope to God I'm wrong, but I think LA is going to win this unless they take stupid penalties and allow the Sedins to work their powerplay. Incidentally, they're two of the handful who appear to be giving it any real effort, but they're not getting the support that they should be. The Kings goal should not have happened, it was just totally unacceptable, much less as a possible series-ender.

Lookin down, not bent over. At 6'7, would've been a head shot on any player. Shoulder directly to the head. Anyway, you see Boyles "stats" for the season, not a huge loss. It's goin 7, WOOOOoOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!!!!

Northjerzyg said:
Head down or not, shoulder directly to the head. Anyway, you see Boyles "stats" for the season, not a huge loss. It's goin 7, WOOOOoOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!!!!

Sens in 6.

Lets Go SENaTORS!

Sounds like I should have watched this entire game rather than clearing the Flyers/Pens Game 2 off.

And there it is...just saw the Kings goal. Bye Vancouver. Let's see if there's anything about a burn ban on the news.

Amazing how that President's Trophy means absolutely nothing now.

And the Kings become the third team to advance.

Isn't it offensive for a toronto fan to root for Ottawa???? That's like me rooting for Marty and Devils........

Lookin down, not bent over. At 6'7, would've been a head shot on any player. Shoulder directly to the head. Anyway, you see Boyles "stats" for the season, not a huge loss. It's goin 7, WOOOOoOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!!!!

There are these things in the body...they're called joints. They bend, specifically the knees and several along the spine that allow one to shorten their stature, pretty much on demand.

And your logic, if accurate (which everyone but you knows it's not), would render Chara a useless player in the league as everyone he hits is shorter than he is and most players faces are around his shoulder pads, and based on the fact Chara doesn't get suspended or even penalized for the large majority of his hits, and he is taller than Neil, ergo...your theory is proved false.

Sens in 6.

Lets Go SENaTORS!

Agreed.

Thanx doctor kratzer, no more "the officials hate the flyers" talk for you, k.

You sound like a broken record. Stop whining about your boy Boyle. Send him a get well card and some flowers. Put "Keep your chin (and head) up" in the card. You just stated yourself that he's not going to be a big loss. Neil isn't a huge offensive contributor to the Sens, so why are you still sniffling over this?

It sucks because, as much criticism as they've received in the past, the Sedins were actually great (as was Schneider for that matter). Except for a couple other players, their team absolutely failed them... it's like they didn't even want to play this postseason for whatever reason. Not a playoff-worthy effort whatsoever.

Northjerzyg said:
Isn't it offensive for a toronto fan to root for Ottawa???? That's like me rooting for Marty and Devils........

Sort of. I'm not REALLY rooting for the Sens though, and certainly wouldn't root for them over Toronto. In general I just want to see the underdog win (e.g. why I'm cheering for the Caps), and more specifically I want to see the "RANgERS" lose.

And as of tonight, an 8th-seed upset would also make me feel a little bit better about the Canucks loss lol

Sound familiar.

Like I said, Rangers weren't playing with enough heart. But the officiating was slighlty askew.........

Ps Only reason ill be really mad if we don't move on will be because we wont be able to "manhandle" the Fairies sometime in the playoffs. Remeber the classic? If not, don't worry, you'll be able to see the replay every year!!:D

Northjerzyg said:
Sound familiar.

Like I said, Rangers weren't playing with enough heart. But the officiating was slighlty askew.........

Ps Only reason ill be really mad if we don't move on will be because we wont be able to "manhandle" the Fairies sometime in the playoffs. Remeber the classic? If not, don't worry, you'll be able to see the replay every year!!:D

Just like the Pens were going to win the Cup...

Bryz and the Flyers just outscored the league's highest scoring offense and crushed them on special teams. Just about any other offense should be easier for Bryz. We'll see if anyone can handle the Flyers 5.00 goals per game they're scoring and over 52% power play.

Maybe the Rangers will get a chance to try their luck if they can beat Ottawa.

jtkratzer said:
Just like the Pens were going to win the Cup...

Bryz and the Flyers just outscored the league's highest scoring offense and crushed them on special teams. Just about any other offense should be easier for Bryz. We'll see if anyone can handle the Flyers 5.00 goals per game they're scoring and over 52% power play.

Maybe the Rangers will get a chance to try their luck if they can beat Ottawa.

I'm sorry, but they're not going to be putting up 5 goals per game against Rinne or Quick (or Elliot/Halak and even Smith IMHO... so pretty much any goalie in the West). Of course, they'd need to make the Finals to play either of them, but Bryz would only have to let in a goal or two to lose an entire game. As happy as I am that they knocked out the Pens, I just don't think Bryz is consistent enough to beat the West in the finals... and I say this as a guy from the East.

Though I do have a hard time seeing any other team winning the Eastern Conference at this point. Giroux has emerged as an incredible leader for the Flyers (and even if Pronger NEVER returns, that's something that'll be paying dividends for MANY years to come, well after everyone's stopped caring about this year's winner), though I feel he'll be able to take them to these Finals only *despite* Bryz.

But I guess if there's anything to be learned from the 2012 conference quarterfinals, it's that anything can happen and that counting a team out prematurely only makes people look like stupid jackasses.

emjay said:
I'm sorry, but they're not going to be putting up 5 goals per game against Rinne or Quick (or Elliot/Halak and even Mike Smith IMHO... so pretty much any goalie in the West). Of course, they'd need to make the Finals to play either of them, but Bryz would only have to let in one or two easy goals to lose a game. As happy as I am that they knocked out the Pens, I just don't think Bryz is consistent enough to beat the West in the finals...

Agreed. I think at this point, whoever comes out of the West will win the Cup. Every one of those teams have great goalies and good, well-rounded teams.

Kings up next for the blues. Could be a tough match up for us. They play a similar style and have a great goalie. If we lose, I hope we at least play to our ability and get beat by a better team. NOT have a mental let up for a few games and lose while playing bad.

Side bet, total goals in the STL/LA series will be less than 1 game of the pitt/Philly series.

FreshZ said:
Agreed. I think at this point, whoever comes out of the West will win the Cup. Every one of those teams have great goalies and good, well-rounded teams.

Kings up next for the blues. Could be a tough match up for us. They play a similar style and have a great goalie. If we lose, I hope we at least play to our ability and get beat by a better team. NOT have a mental let up for a few games and lose while playing bad.

Side bet, total goals in the STL/LA series will be less than 1 game of the pitt/Philly series.

We'll see. I said the Flyers would be out in 6 if they didn't get Bryz of March. Well, they didn't get that until Game 6 and they won the series.

Who knows. If Bryz runs with his Game 6 performance and can play the next moth or so like he did March, Flyers can beat anyone. All I care about is who they get the next round.

Smith and Quick have both had ugly stretches. I've watched Smith back to his Tampa days and I've seen Quick play in person in the ECHL in Reading. Look what the Flyers did to Niemi in 2010. He won, but it was ugly with all that goal scoring by both teams.

I'm not saying this is Philly's year, but they have a shot and no one seems to give them any chance, just like no one did against the Pens.

StittsvilleJames said:
I feel for fans of either team to have to sit through those barn burner games....yawn....

So, who's on board the Sens wagon? Lots of room here!!! Go Sens!

That's between 9-10 goals.

StittsvilleJames said:
I feel for fans of either team to have to sit through those barn burner games....yawn....

So, who's on board the Sens wagon? Lots of room here!!! Go Sens!

You couldn't be more wrong man. Both teams play a hard physical style that is a blast to watch. I'd rather watch a 1-0 win, than a 5-6 loss.

FreshZ said:
You couldn't be more wrong man. Both teams play a hard physical style that is a blast to watch. I'd rather watch a 1-0 win, than a 5-6 loss.

It probably was the same game, just the offensive skill in the other series combined with less than optimal goaltending was the difference. Philly/Pitts had to be the most physical series in the first round. The goals were the result of two of the most prolifically talented offensive teams in the league.

LA was dead last for much of the season in goal scoring.

Just to put things into perspective, the Flyers 15 special teams goals (12 PP, 3 SH) OR their 15 even strength goals were more than every team scored total in their series. No team in the West has scored more than 14 in their series, in all situations. They many not continue to score 5 per game, we're not going to see 1-0 or 2-1 games on a regular basis.

Are those numbers Philly's execution or Pittsburgh's failures? Won't know until the next round, but the next closest power play is nearly 20% behind.

rjwhite41 said:
He's only scored 60 points twice during the regular season, normally he's a 45 point guy, and he's a first line guy. He takes more minors than he scores points. After researching his stats I found out that he's a career -5 in the playoffs with 0 game tying or game winning goals. If he was a Wing I would defend him but otherwise... Simmonds will end up being the better player. Hartnell's a grinder and that's all, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hartnell got the game and series winner in Game 6. You'll need to adjust your statistics research accordingly.

Back