Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A)If they choose to play else where, as in en masse, the league would be lacking the quality players that fans pay to see in NHL arenas across the two countries.

B) the existence of a players' union is vital to ensure the players get a fair deal

A) They don't need a union to do this.

B) I disagree 100%.

If you're happy paying outrageous ticket prices so multi-millionaires get a "fair deal" as you put it, you're a much better man than I am.

Did Toronto beat Buffalo last night? Wasn't sure if that was a dream or if hell actually froze over. Pretty sure if Toronto somehow wins IN Buffalo on Friday, the sun will explode.

They will win, to get their 5 game win streak! They're on fire right now, espescially Gutavsson. I've been waiting to see the Leafs play like this for a long time..

Props to the Habs fans who gave Halak a warm ovation last night after he shut out their team.

What a game, two years ago Halak was the Crowd favorite and it it was from him he would have never left the habs, great goalender, great attitute, nice guy! I'm happy he had the comeback to Montreal he deserve!

Happy to say I will be in attendance tommorow while the Blueshirts take on the Sens. Lookin forward to exploring the New Madison Square Garden. Then after dinner a few drinks, its gonna be a big game, especially with all those "All Stars" on Ottawa, hhahahahaahahahahahah!!!!

Happy to say I will be in attendance tommorow while the Blueshirts take on the Sens. Lookin forward to exploring the New Madison Square Garden. Then after dinner a few drinks, its gonna be a big game, especially with all those "All Stars" on Ottawa, hhahahahaahahahahahah!!!!

Bring it b1tches....

Karlsson gets 2 goals and 2 helpers, Alfie scores within the first 3 minutes, and Torterella has a schizoid embellism on the bench partway through the second...book it.

A) They don't need a union to do this.

B) I disagree 100%.

If you're happy paying outrageous ticket prices so multi-millionaires get a "fair deal" as you put it, you're a much better man than I am.

A) They don't need a union to play elsewhere, but if there isn't a union and the league thinks it can treat the players like property, they won't play here. Every other professional league has a union. I just find it odd that you don't seem to grasp the concept that the league and the revenue it creates revolves around the talent on the playing surface.

B) The league tried to pull this stunt of realignment without providing schedules, travel details, or playoff structure to the players before enacting it. Obviously that's not a fair deal, that's a one-sided edict.

Ticket prices have nothing to do with the union. It was the league who was adamant that the salary cap would result in lower ticket prices by controlling costs. Haven't seen that happen yet. In fact, it seems most ticket prices continue to go up.

It's obvious we're not going to be able to even come close to seeing eye to eye on this. Not a big deal, just seems like a waste of time to continue this any further.

Shawn Thornton is a big dummy with no skill

Did you see how he fought off 6 Vancouver fairies?

Did you see him respond to Weise's challenge, before Weise hid behind a linesman?

Did you happen to see his "skills" on the penalty shot against Winnipeg?

I hope Vancouver still has some of the city to left burn from the riots last June, after the Bruins destroy the Canucks in the finals.

Sorry jtkratzer, you are wrong. I'm with Arturo7 on this one. The NHL does not need unions to have the best players. The best players are going to go the league that gets them the most money. Union or not. When the Swedish elite league can afford to pay the Sedin twins their $6.1 million/year each, Crosby and Malkin their $8.7 mil/year, Ovie his $9.5 mil/year then maybe more "elite" players would play in the league. The players are going to go where the most money is period. If the league decides to take a **** on the players and treat them like property then it's the players choice to change to a different league or suck it up. It's hockey not push puck.

Sorry jtkratzer, you are wrong. I'm with Arturo7 on this one. The NHL does not need unions to have the best players. The best players are going to go the league that gets them the most money. Union or not. When the Swedish elite league can afford to pay the Sedin twins their $6.1 million/year each, Crosby and Malkin their $8.7 mil/year, Ovie his $9.5 mil/year then maybe more "elite" players would play in the league. The players are going to go where the most money is period. If the league decides to take a **** on the players and treat them like property then it's the players choice to change to a different league or suck it up. It's hockey not push puck.

What does it take to get you all to understand the reason the best players are in the NHL is because of the union and what the union has negotiated for the players? If the union didn't exist, and the players didn't get the deals they have in the NHL, they'd go to Russia and other leagues to play. Based on the exodus during the lockout, it's obvious the players go where the money is. That high pay in the NHL is because of the union.

I'm in the garden tonight!!!! Let's Go Rangers!!!
IMAG0602.jpg

Staios definitely deserves a suspension on the hit to Max Talbot's face in the third period of the Flyers/Islanders game. Head was the principle point of contact and the forearm/elbow was up. No penalty called on the play.

It was looking like Talbot was going to be out with a concussion, but he's back out there and on the ice for Cooter's goal to make it 3-1.

Staios definitely deserves a suspension on the hit to Max Talbot's face in the third period of the Flyers/Islanders game. Head was the principle point of contact and the forearm/elbow was up. No penalty called on the play.

It was looking like Talbot was going to be out with a concussion, but he's back out there and on the ice for Cooter's goal to make it 3-1.

Quit crying. Jeezus. All flyers fans this whiny?

Back