Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's nuts! I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think they made a good deal. We'll see what happens (or doesn't happen) next season.

The Flyers will be in good shape if their young talent stays on pace (JVR, Giroux, Schenn when he plays). They really need some solid goaltending, but giving up Richards AND Carter? That was more than I expected. I hate the guy, but Briere is gonna have to step it up even more and become a 40+ goal scorer.

I think the Kings look the best in all of this. Hopefully they can play as a more cohesive unit with their top 3 stars (Kopitar, Richards, Penner). They have solid guys who can score in addition to them (Brown, Williams).

Obviously the Blue Jackets are better than they were before the trade. They NEEDED someone for Nash to play with. That guys is amazing, but has to be a one man show. I think the Nash/Carter duo will be good for them. Now if its enough to make the playoffs and make a run....not so sure.

Draft party tonight?

They Flyers will be in good shape if their young talent stays on pace (JVR, Giroux, Schenn when he plays). They really need some solid goaltending, but giving up Richards AND Carter? That was more than I expected. I hate the guy, but Briere is gonna have to step it up even more and become a 40+ goal scorer.

I think the Kings look the best in all of this. Hopefully they can play as a more cohesive unit with their top 3 stars (Kopitar, Richards, Penner). They have solid guys who can score in addition to them (Brown, Williams).

Obviously the Blue Jackets are better than they were before the trade. They NEEDED someone for Nash to play with. That guys is amazing, but has to be a one man show. I think the Nash/Carter duo will be good for them. Now if its enough to make the playoffs and make a run....not so sure.

Draft party tonight?

Well that's it in a nutshell. Yeah, a real good goaltender was needed (always is) but to give up those guy to get him may turn around and bite them.

Oh well, it will make things interesting, that's for sure.

Well that's it in a nutshell. Yeah, a real good goaltender was needed (always is) but to give up those guy to get him may turn around and bite them.

Oh well, it will make things interesting, that's for sure.

Philly is obviously going to make a move for B Richards on July 1st, if they don't try to offer sheet Stamkos. Probably Richards though, I would guess.

Plus, then Flyer's fans can keep their Richards jerseys!

Obviously there was a lot of truth of issues on/off the ice and in the lockerroom with Carter and Richards.

I had heard talk about a week or two ago that both were in play to be moved, but never expected the both of them to go...minutes apart.

It's a bit of a step backwards in the short term, but they added a lot of young talent and size on the wing and picked up some needed draft picks and the highest rayed prospect out there.

Hopefully schenn and the #8 (most likely a d-man) pan out.

I've been a hockey fan all my life, and have rooted for three teams over 40+ years-- first the Bruins as a kid, after watching Bobby Orr, then the Devils once I graduated college (living in the NY Metro area), and then the Minnesota Wild, after I moved there during their inaugural season. I was also a season ticket holder, until I moved to California about five years ago.

Alas, today, a part of me died, and I am no longer a Wild fan. I cannot, in good conscience, root for a team STUPID ENOUGH to trade Brent Burns to the San Jose Sharts for over-rated Devin Suchapvssy... er... Setoguchi.

bless YOU, WILD!!!!

Setoguchi was fantastic in the playoffs.

But regardless... any plans on who to root for next?

Setoguchi was fantastic in the playoffs.

But regardless... any plans on who to root for next?

Fantastic? Not really. He completely lacks killer instinct, and has very little heart. It's preposterous to trade your best defenseman, a solid two-way player who is still developing, for a forward who was probably 7th or 8th on the depth chart (never mind that he'd be about 3 or 4 on the Wild depth chart).

I need no more teams to root for. Boston and New Jersey are enough. The Wild were a throw-in because I was "with them" from the start (even though I was on the season ticket waiting list for a couple years before finally landing them), and it was good to have a local to root for.

I went to a friend's lake house in the smokey mountains this weekend (no internet, no cell coverage) and look at what I missed!

I think the Wild did a smart thing moving Burns, but they could have got a little more than they did. He was not signing on again there, so they got something at least. Better to so that then wait for him to leave you with nothing in the offseason.

I think the Wild did a smart thing moving Burns, but they could have got a little more than they did. He was not signing on again there, so they got something at least. Better to so that then wait for him to leave you with nothing in the offseason.

Unless I'm mistaken, he would not have been an UFA after this season. They would have gotten something for him. I don't necessarily figure that he wouldn't have stayed, either. I'm sure it would take a lot of money to keep him, and seeing how the Wild are one of the biggest cheapskates in the league, they might not have liked paying it, but I think they would have.

Or maybe not.

Checked out the Jets site for the first time today. It's strange reading the meet our boys section and having another city talk about your team. (Seems like the past couple times I've posted here, it's been lamenting the loss of the Thrashers). I'm gonna need to buy a Sabres jersey soon and make the full transition back to my childhood team. It'll probably be better that way anyway, at least they make the playoffs.

We find out shortly if JJ returns to Pittsburgh.

Hope he does. I don't want to see him in Detroit. Meanwhile, I'm wondering how much money does Ehrhoff really want? I'm thinking it's probably more than he's worth...

Checked out the Jets site for the first time today. It's strange reading the meet our boys section and having another city talk about your team. (Seems like the past couple times I've posted here, it's been lamenting the loss of the Thrashers). I'm gonna need to buy a Sabres jersey soon and make the full transition back to my childhood team. It'll probably be better that way anyway, at least they make the playoffs.

Yeah, circumstance will make me a Dallas fan (again). Will be moving back home at the end of july. my streak of always living in an area with a NHL franchise will be secured (for now).

I guess Buffalo answered my question, not too much money but too long of a contract. Well, bring on Wisniewski... I hope.

I guess the flyers aren't going to put together an offer sheet to stamkos. I am actually excited to see Jagr play but he is almost 40 and I dont expect him to be anything like he was 3 years ago.

Commodore... that's the big free agent acquisition? You've got to be kidding me. And if Erickson keeps playing like a giant ***** then the Wings just got robbed. I don't see the defense getting better anytime soon.:mad:

Back