Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Devils righted the ship and Rangers have no answer to their checking. The last three games NY offense has been limited to dumping it in from center where the Devils are giving up nothing along the board and letting no one get open in the middle. Not even with the man advantage If the Devils can keep it up, they can win the Cup. We'll see tonight if Galant has something up his sleeves to get some offense out of his talent.

Kudos to the Devils being disciplined 60 minutes each night.

Let’s gooooooooooooo bolts!

Attachments

• F426E9B3-9AA7-42EC-B42F-897781891775.jpeg
    F426E9B3-9AA7-42EC-B42F-897781891775.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Open door in the Eastern Conference now. 4 evenly matched teams plus the red hot panthers.

Kane has looked old against the Devils and Galante shook up the lines that produced the game 6 win. Should be an epic battle tonight in Newark.

I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, the Bruins went up 3-1 in their series against the Panthers then sucked hard the rest of the way to an inexplicable first round loss. After the best regular season in league history it's tragic they'll be known for their choke...

Presidents trophy HEX continues, Panthers peaked at the right time and the Bruins were simply out of gas.

One of the reasons why it’s the greatest sport is you never know till it’s over. So many great examples of that fact already these playoffs.

There is simple nothing better i like to watch in sport than playoff hockey

rangers will end up losing - getting beat to every puck and on every board. kudos to the devils for yet another complete game out hustling a very good team on every shift in the wins.

With Boston being a five sport (at least) town one can console one team's annus horribilis (eg: 2023 Patriots) by jumping on another team's promise (2023 Bruins - and Celtics).

And here we are with the start of the 2023-2024 NHL season, and the Boston Bruins are celebrating the 100th year of their existence and put up a video to get their fans rockin the Garden.

And the team played well tonight, taking a 3-1 game from the Blackhawks :rock:

It's a start!

Cheers!

Watching the Bruins at home against Nashville tonight and honest to god for the first minute was confused who was who. What the hell? 🤔

1697329972575.png

As an aging "Original Six" fan I have been offended that the league has allowed interloper "expansion" teams to appropriate the Boston Bruins team colors. First there was Pittsburg (the bastids!), then Nashville, and even the freakin' Golden Knights of Las Vegas are trodding on tradition, ffs!

"Get off our ice, ya frick'n newbies!"

Cheers! 😜

[edit] "Da Brunes" sent Nashville packing, 3-2, in an admittedly tense game. Nashville doesn't suck...

Last edited:
The Bruins have opened the season in team record tying fashion at 6 and 0 with their 3-0 win over the Blackhawks. Have to set the Wayback Machine to 1937 for the first of their 6 and zip openings...

I still remember being at the 1990 Kings-Oilers game at the L.A. Forum in which 85 penalties were assessed. Even the goalies got into it at one point. I remember they stopped the 2nd Period and sent everyone to the locker rooms. After the break, they finished the 2nd period, paused briefly and then started the 3rd Period without ever going back to the locker room. It still holds the Guinness Record for the most penalties in an NHL game: Most penalties in an NHL game. Now that was hockey!

Winter Classic, it's time to start heating up this thread. @day_trippr , que pasa with the Bruins, are we going to see a second-half run to atone for last years first round? Panthers look to have gotten their mojo going again. That will be an interesting race now. Panthers out-skated the Rangers in an end-to-end game with both goalies looking like George Vezina's ghost was helping out in the net. 6 points separate 2-10 in the East. A lot of Jekyl and Hyde teams in the mix. Should be fun to see who gets hot and who not in the Spring.

My son was up from Tampa last week and surprised me with tix to the Rangers pre-xmas at the Garden OT win v Sabres, Notice the Jai-Lai IPA. Only the best. Tix were a gift, Ribeye steak for two at Blue Ribbon across the street cost me a rent payment. :)

IMG_1152.jpeg

The kid was back home to catch the Lightening with his buds. I could hear the Ranger fans loud and clear from Amalie Arena all the way to Long Island.

IMG_3124.jpg

So, as 2024 rings in. ..... LGR!

758664-800px-New-York-Rangers.svg.png

I still remember being at the 1990 Kings-Oilers game at the L.A. Forum in which 85 penalties were assessed. Even the goalies got into it at one point. I remember they stopped the 2nd Period and sent everyone to the locker rooms. After the break, they finished the 2nd period, paused briefly and then started the 3rd Period without ever going back to the locker room. It still holds the Guinness Record for the most penalties in an NHL game: Most penalties in an NHL game. Now that was hockey!

Those West Coast rivalries reminded me of the old Patrick Division slugfests. Epic games, I stumbled on them after coming home late at night during playoffs and could not turn off the TV and get sleep.

Bruins are gaming, after a superb start they ran into a rough stretch where their centers were MIA on injuries (tough to score without centers in the scrum) but they're on a 3 game win streak now.

And don't remind me about last season :mad:

Winter Classic, it's time to start heating up this thread. @day_trippr , que pasa with the Bruins, are we going to see a second-half run to atone for last years first round? Panthers look to have gotten their mojo going again. That will be an interesting race now. Panthers out-skated the Rangers in an end-to-end game with both goalies looking like George Vezina's ghost was helping out in the net. 6 points separate 2-10 in the East. A lot of Jekyl and Hyde teams in the mix. Should be fun to see who gets hot and who not in the Spring.

My son was up from Tampa last week and surprised me with tix to the Rangers pre-xmas at the Garden OT win v Sabres, Notice the Jai-Lai IPA. Only the best. Tix were a gift, Ribeye steak for two at Blue Ribbon across the street cost me a rent payment. :)

View attachment 837967

The kid was back home to catch the Lightening with his buds. I could hear the Ranger fans loud and clear from Amalie Arena all the way to Long Island.

View attachment 837969

So, as 2024 rings in. ..... LGR!

View attachment 837970

Steaks and Jai Alai, worth the cost. Time spent with son, home for the holidays, PRICELESS!

My daughter and family live in Tampa/St. Pete but didn’t make it back home this year. They’re ‘Bolts fans. There’s something that just isn’t right about hockey in Florida, like a crime against nature maybe.

Steaks and Jai Alai, worth the cost. Time spent with son, home for the holidays, PRICELESS!

My daughter and family live in Tampa/St. Pete but didn’t make it back home this year. They’re ‘Bolts fans. There’s something that just isn’t right about hockey in Florida, like a crime against nature maybe.
Back to back cups baby. Feels pretty right to me lol

Bruins back on top of the league points-wise after handily beating the Blue Jackets 4-1 tonight.
They're still not 100% on their collective game but they're slowly getting there...

Cheers!

Bruins back on top of the league points-wise after handily beating the Blue Jackets 4-1 tonight.
They're still not 100% on their collective game but they're slowly getting there...

Cheers!

Got to see a few Bruins matchups in the old Boston Gardens in the 70s, and more recently the Capitals in D.C. When I was still flying, I had Ovetchkin on one of my flights going to Moscow, the night after the Caps had lost to the Penguins in the playoffs. The flight attendants said he was a nice guy, though not a happy one! I wouldn’t want to see him angry.

Ovechkin has always been a Bruins nemesis - there was a period where his lines virtually scored at will against Boston.
He pisses me off ;)

Cheers!

Cheers!
Let's not get too high about a win over the cbj...

If you lose to them, you really need to take a good look in the mirror and ask why. Beating them should be expected by any team that hopes for an outside shot at the playoffs--not to mention one that feels they are a true contender.

Let's not get too high about a win over the cbj...

If you lose to them, you really need to take a good look in the mirror and ask why. Beating them should be expected by any team that hopes for an outside shot at the playoffs--not to mention one that feels they are a true contender.
That’s how I feel hoping for a Flyers win tonight. Should win but ……..

Canes exposed the Rangers the other night. Laviolette summed it up: they live and die on a high-wire act with the power play. Canes once again figured out how to completely shut down the Rangers power play, stymie them between the blue lines and the expose their defense. Plus a note on Fox negative numbers. He's not right since coming back from that injury. Blackhawks were good medicine to keep the Broadway Blues atop the league.

Injuries not helping, especially the bottom 6. Chytil was sent back home, that head injury sounds life impacting and may be the end of his hockey career. Kappo is finally back on skates but non-contact for now. This kid Othmann called up last night looked good. I think they will let him stay a while despite a desperate need to fill injured Pitlik's spot on the checking line.

Solid win by the Bruins over their perennial divisional rival Tampa Bay Lightning tonight, with Ullmark looking solid the whole way. Boston remains tied on points for the league lead...

Thought the Flyers might actually turn that one around. @passedpawn your bolts looked good tonight. Flyers applied decent pressure but just couldn’t overcome that first goal. Then of course the 2 empty net ones at the end didn’t help either….
Those empty netters always seem a little dirty. Kuch wanted the points... he collects them lol. [edit] oh, sorry for sending your Eagles to the showers. Boy they were a night and day different team than the one that shellacked us Monday night a few months ago.

Spent much of tonight's Bruins-Senators game grinding my teeth at the dive fest conducted by Ottawa and totally bought into by the refs - for six power plays ffs. Just ridiculous. But, in spite of it all, Captain Marchand won the game in OT :rock:

Speaking of the Rat, he's been having a heck of a season so far, playing like a youngster and putting the team on his back nightly. Fun to watch!

1706238634265.png

Spent much of tonight's Bruins-Senators game grinding my teeth at the dive fest conducted by Ottawa and totally bought into by the refs - for six power plays ffs. Just ridiculous. But, in spite of it all, Captain Marchand won the game in OT :rock:

Speaking of the Rat, he's been having a heck of a season so far, playing like a youngster and putting the team on his back nightly. Fun to watch!

View attachment 840067
Oh the licker. Bruins, always the victims. LOL.

1706241575399.png

Back