Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canes feeling the pressure of the Devils and Rangers footsteps. Rangers looking to get home ice for an opener against the Maple Leafs. The "Kid Line" forwards each scored a goal today and carried the Blue Shirts to another come from behind win. That line could be the key to the Rangers ability to go deep.

Meanwhile looks like no one wants the wildcard in the East

Bruins went down to Carolina to face the Hurricanes (nee Hartford Whalers from a few cities back) and with six games in nine days they were clearly dragging anchor after two periods, surrendering a 3-1 lead to the 'Canes within the first couple of minutes of the third period.

Fortunately Swayman totally stoned the 'Canes in OT enabling the Bruin's win, extending their current win streak to 7 and which equals the team win record set in the 1970-1971 season. And there's still nine more games to play...

Cheers!

Fortunately Swayman totally stoned the 'Canes in OT enabling the Bruin's win, extending their current win streak to 7 and which equals the team win record set in the 1970-1971 season. And there's still nine more games to play...

Cheers!

One of those games is against the CBJ, should be a new record in your future.
Bruins : DO YOUR JOB! Win in regulation and don't surrender a point.

CBJ : DO YOUR JOB! Stop getting meanings points that will only lead to you missing out on a top 3 pick. (We know that the league will ensure that we don't get the top pick regardless)

R-E-L-A-X

The Bruins are trying to finesse the end of the regular season so they're in decent shape for the playoffs.
Trying not to break a sweat out there ;)

Cheers!

ABC/ESPN had Bruins vs Penguins for their national telecast today and the game was pretty entertaining from the jump to the last seconds, with the Bs taking the win with a Pasta hat trick! :rock:

Cheers!

Bruins were in St Louis to face the Blues and got out ahead with the first goal then went up 3-0 before giving a goal at the end of the 2nd and two more in the third to end up with a totally flat out but utterly scoreless OT, and then a 1-0 win in the shootout with Ullmark totally stoning the Blues. Tough game made harder by the Bruins leaving some heavy hitters back in Boston for R&R, but they got it done.

New team record for season wins, and the league win and points record are within reach - if they care. The coach has been resting players though so no telling what's going to happen to close out the regular season...

Cheers!

Last edited:
One of the rare games this season that the Bruins were down on goals but they came back to tie in regular time then beat Toronto in OT 2-1 on another Pastrnak goal. They are two points closer to the league record...

Rangers and Lightening were wiped out last night after their slugfest the night before. Looks like the Devils are about to over take the Canes. That might be good for the Rangers, the Canes forechecking confounds the Rangers offense but the Devils, IMO, are a team they don't want to face in the playoffs.

In any case, the Rangers have the best offense since the trade deadline and Lingren is finally back with the team to shore up the defense.

I'm looking forward to the Eastern series as there are at least 6 teams with the mix to win the Cup - Bruins will not have an easy ride to the finals after the first round. Even so, Panthers and Isles looking to get hot at the right time. While I don't think the Isles have the offense to win it all, they can knock off a top team with their goalie and defense in an early round.

The second season is around the corner

NJ-BOS tonight - If the Sabres hold off the Canes today, the the Devils will be playing for first place and an opening round v a wild card and not the Rangers, not to mention a test to see how they match up to the league's president trophy team, one they will likely need to play if they are to make the finals.

The Bruins are playing for history, which will test their discipline since staying healthy at this point should be the higher priority.

Arrgh! Our freakin' DVR is acting weird tonite and kept bailing out of the Bruins-Devils game, making me start over and fast forward to gain any headway too many times to remember. So PO'd! Painfully made progess until it finally would not go past 10 minutes remaining in the third, so I bailed and jumped on Youtube to see how the damned game ended (effin' DVR is still recording...something...I guess I'll find out tomorrow).

Anyway...with a 2-1 win over NJ the Boston Bruins tied the NHL league record for regular season wins with 62. And they still have games 3 left - away at Philly, home vs Washington, and away at Montreal. Makes them all that more exciting!

If they can pull off just one more win, one could make the argument that their legacy will be more historic than winning The Cup this year...

Cheers!

Last edited:
63!!

Bruins took their show to Philly and with Swayman holding the fort they beat the Flyers 5-3, with Pastrnak scoring his third hat trick of the year and his 60th goal!

Cheers!

Bruins are sitting at 131 points on the season and looking at the 132 point record held by the '76-'77 Montreal Canadiens. They have two games to at least tie if not pull ahead and it's going to be fun to watch:ban:

1681252217507.png

Cheers!

Bruins faced a scrappy Capitals team tonite but put another W in the books 5-2 and now own the most points in a season record at 133, to go with everything else. So much fun watching this team this year!

Now they should rest the entire team, and call up the Providence Bruins roster to deal with the Canadiens :)

[edit] Cool side note: Capitals goalie Charlie Lindgren got a hitch in his gitalong in the third period and left the game - to a standing ovation from the Boston fans who appreciated his efforts, which included trying to stop a puck bare handed...

['nuther edit] I don't know if all teams do this (they should!) but this being the final home game of the regular season for the Bruins the players gave away their game jerseys to fans who had somehow been chosen for the honor. It was pretty obvious that at least some of the recipients were battling health issues so that was pretty cool.

Cheers! :rock:

Last edited:
Gotta give the Bruins credit for maintaining a semblance of focus when it really didn't matter all that much, finding a way to win the final game of their season from the Canadiens 5-4 in actually a livelier game than I expected given the Canadiens season ended long ago and the Bruins didn't need the win for anything other than padding their already impressive record-setting stats.

Playoffs start Monday. Bruins will face the Panthers. Who knows what's gonna happen, but I sure have enjoyed the hell out of this historic regular season...

Cheers! (and Go Bruins! :rock: )

1681441186153.png

The real question is what do the Bs have left in the tank in the run for the cup? Been amazing & historic but then again history has a way of repeating itself. Winning the most games in the regular season normally means you don’t make it out of the first round. On the other hand if they can in fact hoist the cup this year that would be something very special indeed. I’ll drink to that and I’m really at King’s fan!

That discussion has come up frequently this season and my position has been consistent that I wanted to enjoy the regular season for what it was and wasn't going to worry about post-season play. Which - after a truly historic season putting all kinds of league records in the books for posterity to the enjoyment of their fans - is where we are now :)

To that end: I think they have literally everything it takes for a run at The Cup, and I'm clearly not alone on that assessment: take a look at the LV odds and you'll see they think the Bruins are head and shoulders above the rest of the league wrt the odds of taking Stanley home...

Cheers!

That discussion has come up frequently this season and my position has been consistent that I wanted to enjoy the regular season for what it was and wasn't going to worry about post-season play. Which - after a truly historic season putting all kinds of league records in the books for posterity to the enjoyment of their fans - is where we are now :)

To that end: I think they have literally everything it takes for a run at The Cup, and I'm clearly not alone on that assessment: take a look at the LV odds and you'll see they think the Bruins are head and shoulders above the rest of the league wrt the odds of taking Stanley home...

Cheers!

Being a Ranger/NY fan, I can't help reminiscing about last time Boston was so excited about a historic season until that matchup with the Giants.

Hopefully the Rangers can get past the Devils and get to test their metal with an eventual dual with the Bruins (but then again there are three NY teams chomping at that bit to repeat BOS-NY history).

Good luck.

Bruins take the first game 3-1 against the Panthers in a real battle. Their goalie made at least three bell ringer saves that kept them in it, while they out-skated Boston for much of the game imo. Don't know if the flu that kept Bergeron out and made Ullmark an iffy option was influencing the play. Hopefully they get over it by Wednesday for game 2...

Cheers!

Panthers brought their A game tonight while the Bruins went flat. No bueno.
If Boston doesn't get their skates back soon they're going to be in deep doodoo...

Panthers brought their A game tonight while the Bruins went flat. No bueno.
If Boston doesn't get their skates back soon they're going to be in deep doodoo...
Consider it a five game series now.
The Islanders played two really close games, even scoring more goals in lat night's OT loss. Unfortunately, one of those was past their own goalie. Now they're in trouble, and need the next two at home.

Bruins restored my faith tonight by dismantling the Panthers on their own ice before yakking up a couple of garbage time goals, ending at 4-2 B's.

Bruins out skated Florida and didn't let up 'til it was essentially a done game. Two thumbs up!

Cheers!

Bruins took a commanding position in their series with a solid 6-2 win over the Panthers this afternoon down in The Greater Fort Lauderdale Area. I could easily see this series ending Wednesday back in Boston.

Meanwhile the announcers clearly are missing a great game ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Bruins #1 goalie and almost certain Vezina Trophy winner found a stupid way to lose a playoff game by overplaying a puck he could have left for a defenseman, and so the series will be heading south for Game Six (dammit!)...

If I was a betting person I would put my money on the Panthers beating the Bruins to win this series. Bruins have looked terrible the last two games while Florida is playing way over their collective heads. Bad combination for Boston fans who now need a miracle to stop the Panthers momentum...

Back