Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NordeastBrewer77 said:
Yes, I know this. I was making a joke because another dude here went on a rant about how the Hawks were a fluke and peaking at the wrong time a few months ago.

Gonna be a great series. Boston is big, tough and slow. Chicago is big, fast and talented. Both teams have incredible depth and both goalies are playing at the top of their game. Both teams easily handled up on opponents very similar to one another in the conf finals. Can't wait to see who sets the tempo Wednesday night.

Oh that's funny...this is going to be an epic series. I agree on all points. Can't wait till Wednesday!!

good thing this is the last round and at most can only go on for another week and a half. i love this time of year and im stoked that the bruins are still playing, but i'm pretty sure my girlfriend would leave me if this went on much longer due to the playoff beard. big giant fire beard (i'm not a ginger either)

although the more she hates on it, i think the more i like it

If the Hawks go with the "Bruins are slow" thing, Bruins in 4. But if they have been paying attention, make that Bruins in 6...

Cheers!

Yeah, the Hawks can't go in expecting anything. Boston's good. But then again, I said the same thing about LA and look how that one turned out. However, I think you're sorely mistaken about the outcome, ask Det and LA how "slowing down" the Blackhawks worked for them. Ask them how well "stellar goaltending" worked as well. Gonna be a six of seven game series for sure though.

Paulster, I totally agree. Crawford's beard is awful. Scraggly, patchy, he looks like a 16 yr old Canadian girl. :D

How good both teams are playing right now if you're a fan of one of them you think your team will win...I think the bruins in 6... An I am a bruins fan. Ha

The Hawks will lose because Corey Crawford cannot grow a proper playoff beard.

tumblr_mntfg1FgL81rs6puwo1_500.png

Quote from site "This right here is a tag-team serious about playoff bearding. Almost brings a tear to the eye."

Okay, I didn't want to have to get in another argument, but those are not proper playoff beards. I present, for your consideration, the world's best player and the Leafs 2nd best draft pick - these guys know how to rock some serious facial hair:

image.jpg

Also:
themapples.jpg

Now TuukkaaTuukkaa's beard..... that's one manly face rug there. Dude doesn't, in any way shape or form, and definitely not in name, resemble a strange jungle bird. :D

You see jagr's beard? It's all pepper with a salty chin

Boston will win because Claude Julien has won a Stanley Cup before.

Seriously, this series is going to 7 games. OT.

Are you cheering for Boston or is this just a prediction? I wanna see you say it.

Seriously, this series is going to 7 games. OT.

Everyone I talk to thinks so too, but I'm not convinced. I think one of the teams gets a stranglehold early and doesn't relent. At this point I have no clue if it will be the Hawks or the Bruins, but I think this series ends in 5.

You see jagr's beard? It's all pepper with a salty chin

Are you cheering for Boston or is this just a prediction? I wanna see you say it.

I've been enjoying Boston's game since they came back and beat my beloved Maple Leafs that horrible, horrible evening. It's no secret.

Seriously - they're everything a hockey team should be:
-original six
-every player has a high "lady-it-up" factor
-Czech veteran with serious swagger and striking good looks
-solid goaltender, drafted by Toronto
-ogre on the back-end, who fights through injuries seemingly every year
-enough depth to make injuries not that big a deal

In fact, they're kind of like the Leafs, but with more seasoning - like the Leafs in 3-5 years, if that makes sense.

Chicago? Meh. A team that not-too-long ago had zero support? Yeah, they're just like the Pens to me - and for that they can suck a giant Chara-knob.

I've been enjoying Boston's game since they came back and beat my beloved Maple Leafs that horrible, horrible evening. It's no secret.

Seriously - they're everything a hockey team should be:
-original six
-every player has a high "lady-it-up" factor
-Czech veteran with serious swagger and striking good looks
-solid goaltender, drafted by Toronto
-ogre on the back-end, who fights through injuries seemingly every year
-enough depth to make injuries not that big a deal

In fact, they're kind of like the Leafs, but with more seasoning - like the Leafs in 3-5 years, if that makes sense.

Chicago? Meh. A team that not-too-long ago had zero support? Yeah, they're just like the Pens to me - and for that they can suck a giant Chara-knob.

Paul, I'm starting to like you more and more everyday..:rockin:

The Bruins will win because I like to tell people that you don't need to draft in the top 3 all the time to build a contender. Screw Chicago and their tanking ways.

Maybe not Paul I just had to get one jab in before the game starts And we are rooting for the same colors. Just doesn't seem natural.

I was coming here to post a picture of Tuukka Rask. My phone keeps posting this instead...

Background_brick_wall-300x198.jpg

^ LOL!

My eyes are starting to bleed from almost a week of watching highlights, press conferences, hour after hour of talking heads, full game replays... :drunk:

I may have to take a nap before the game to make it through it. One big RIIS ought to do the job...

Cheers! :mug:

Ok, now that we got that second frame out of the way, B's have a goal lead and a make-up call in hand to start the third.

Katy bar the door! :eek:

Cheers!

Arrrrgh! I'm getting too old for OT!

We tried to give this one away - forget the sloppy D in the third, that last Chicago goal wasn't even a shot on net.

Hopefully we can win it back in the first OT period. If not, the Bs will have to be satisfied that it was their's for the taking and in the other team's house...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back